Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

I have a 2010 FLTRX with ABS. I had the code C0562, appear. I had tested the stator, voltage regular, and battery, and they all tested good. I then looked at the speed sensor and the plug and the wire 3 inches above the plug, all was good.

I then took it to the dealer after not finding what others have found to be the problem.

Dealer ship tested twice and says ABS ECU is the problem. Any body replaced one before, or have the part number? Dealership wants $950 to replace with labor. They already have the bike over 1 day.

I like saving money!

·
Registered
8,759 Posts
All,

I have a 2010 FLTRX with ABS. I had the code C0562, appear. I had tested the stator, voltage regular, and battery, and they all tested good. I then looked at the speed sensor and the plug and the wire 3 inches above the plug, all was good.

I then took it to the dealer after not finding what others have found to be the problem.

Dealer ship tested twice and says ABS ECU is the problem. Any body replaced one before, or have the part number? Dealership wants $950 to replace with labor. They already have the bike over 1 day.

I like saving money!
That's one of the reasons I've opted out on the ABS.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
That's not a bad price if it includes a new ABS unit and labour. HD insist on ABS brakes being bled on their ABS tech unit.

When I enquired at my local dealership to just change the brake fluid and bleed the systems they quote $650.00 due to using the ABS tech unit. At those prices I do my own brakes as per standard brake bleeding procedures and I have had not problems so far. However, replacing the main ABS block you may need to have the dealership bleed the system to ensure all the air comes out of the block. Good luck, let us know the outcome.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Final update:

After getting off the phone with the dealer, I quickly researched doing the replacement myself. I quickly learned that I may not save much, and would cause more downtime. It was best to get it done, and get it done right, especially with ABS.

The replacement of the ABS ECM did fix the problem. In my opinion, it was worth the cost and fair.

I wished it was the simpler solution, soldering a potential broken wire above the plug. It was not the case.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Good to hear the problems fixed. That's one of the reasons I keep my extended warranty going.

If you're going to change your brake fluids in future just use the standard bleeding procedure for normal brakes. I use a mighty-vac just make sure no air gets into the brake system.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts