Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2015 road glide special. Had stereo upgrade a month ago. 3 times since then brakes won't release while coming to a stop. One time it has applied them buy its self. Did not touch pedal or lever. After a few minutes they release and I go on.

Wondering if the charging system is not enough to carry the upgrade and possibly causing abs to freak out. Bike has 9k on it and has been a dream. Now a nightmare.
Help!!!!?

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'm not sure a radio upgrade would affect the braking system like that. I would however HAUL your bike, not ride it to the nearest dealer/shop to have that looked at. Could be something seriously wrong with your ABS module.

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
Could be your brake pistons needs to be cleaned. If too much brake dust and grime build up on the sides they will stick and not retract all the way. You could take your brake calipers loose and remove the brake pads. Take an old thin set of brake pads and just stick in there and pump the brake lever to push the pistons out against the old set of pads. Then take some brake clean and a stiff plastic bristle brush and clean the pistons. Just don't get too vigorous around the rubber seals around the pistons. When cleaned and still using the old pads, spread them apart and press the pistons back into the calipers. Install the good brake pads and re-install the brake calipers. Pump the brakes to build the pressure back up and then test them. That should do the trick but if it doesn't then you could have some contaminated fluid in there causing the issue. Then you will need to take to a dealer or indy to get the brakes flushed and evaluated.

Have you had the brakes flushed since you've owned the bike? How old is the fluid that is in there.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Sounds a lot like an ABS issue. I hate taking stuff to the dealer, but that's exactly what I'd do.
I had a similar issue when I swapped a front wheel. Front ABS sensor was damaged.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts