Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,571 Posts
Would be hard to keep it dry in the rain.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's not a flip out. Its a double din face with a single din body. It may be hard to keep dry, but eliminates the flip out wear and tear. I've had a flip out Clarion about a year now with no problems, but know it could fail at any time.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I say go for it, its basically what i did to mines. Went with a single din slot but i have a removable 9.3" Touch screen Power Acoustik PD-931NB, it works great installed the same unit in my wife mini van and been caught in rain a couple of times but i do have a rain bag with elastic that i place over it when i smell rain.... one last thing this isn't a flip out model , instead you can remove the whole screen with the press of a button

·
Registered
6,572 Posts
I put in the Aquatics AV head unit which is plug and play it is also waterproof and all the hand controls work, the head unit also puts out 288 watts or 72 watts a channel on a 2 ohm system.

·
Registered
408 Posts
the small side is on the bottom, the mount is designed for a top din.

tbh I've given up on replacement, I can get 2-2.5 volts out per channels using a Biketronics Line Leveler and through my TM400 to the Moto 602's it sounds pretty damn good.

Good enough that having a non waterproof option isn't really an option, for me at least.

When a waterproof option comes to market, I'll rethink it but for now I'm sticking with the 6.5

·
Registered
119 Posts
I'm seriously considering this model. Does anyone have any pictures of this installed in a RG? I wonder how well you would be able to see the screen since it will be angled.

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
since the screen is not a flipout, is it fixed in place? if so, will the trim on the nacelle let the unit go all the way back into the mounting slots?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts