Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yesterday I was riding and listening to the cd player on the stock head unit on my 13 fltrx. The entire radio would just randomly reset. Happened about 5 or 6 times throughout the day, but not with any hard bumps or rough road surfaces.

Any ideas? Is this an indicator of something starting to go wrong?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
8,761 Posts
Seems like after that tsunami in Japan in 2010, these radios started having all kind of problems.
Take it back for a warranty replacement.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I agree. I seem to remember reading that this is not an un-common problem with these radios and several owners have had to have them replaced under warranty.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I scheduled an appointment with the stealership. They said they will remove the radio and send it out for radio. If they find nothing wrong, I have to pay $50

·
Registered
336 Posts
If they find nothing wrong with the radio, You have to pay 50 Bucks?? Thats incredible!! Do yourself a big favor and get an aftermarket Unit in there and tell them to Ram that Thing,,,You will "NOT" regret it.

·
Registered
82 Posts
If they find nothing wrong with the radio, You have to pay 50 Bucks?? Thats incredible!! Do yourself a big favor and get an aftermarket Unit in there and tell them to Ram that Thing,,,You will "NOT" regret it.
You're assuming it's the radio...

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
That's a warranty issue. $50 is BS.

I had a problem with all four speakers cutting in and out last week on my 2011 RGU with stock audio. Power stayed on, but audio from all inputs (AM, FM, XM, etc.) was intermittent. I pulled the fairing and moved all the wiring around while the radio was on. Of course it was working properly while I was trying to diagnose the problem. Then I pulled and reconnected every wire connecter up front. Put it all back together, and all is well now. I suspect there was a bad connection in one of the wire harness connecters.

My problem was audio after the preamp. Sounds like you have a problem in the amp or more likely, power going to the amp or tuner. I would check all the connecters, including the two large ones at the back of the radio.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will bring it in... If they start blowing smoke up my butt... I will pay the $50 and sell the replacement radio on eBay, then buy a new radio from the 21st century that has Bluetooth

·
Registered
875 Posts
DO NOT PAY THE $50. Mine the display would disappear randomly, every time I took it in it worked fine. Give you the short version, dealer was telling me the same thing, take it out send it to HK, 2-3 weeks. I said fine, put the fairing back on and give me the bike, they said they would have to charge me labor for 2nd fairing removal and install when they get new unit. I took the bike as is, wrote MOCO when they asked me for feedback on my experience. Told'em it sucked. dealer Mgr calls says bring the bike in we'll get you a new unit, they pulled HU to get serial number, put it back together with old HU, called 2 weeks later saying new (refurbed) unit is in, took bike in and they replaced it. Detailed bike. No charge. Bottom line these HUs are known to have these issuess, I blame MOCO for buying the crap and reselling and hold them accountable for it under warranty, don't care if mech can get it to do it while they have it, it still does it while I (the customer) have it. Day after I got bike back, I iyanked the refurbed unit and put in aftermarket. refurned unit still in a box in my shop.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1 - 11 of 11 Posts