Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
I never get tired of seeing your paint, Hell. Off topic - I just noticed you run a Madstad, and it is something I am seriously considering buying this winter, but I just can't seem to get over the looks. Yeah yeah, it's an ugly Shark already, etc etc. It's always a log winter, won't be able to add any mural pics for 6+ months. ;)

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I never get tired of seeing your paint, Hell. Off topic - I just noticed you run a Madstad, and it is something I am seriously considering buying this winter, but I just can't seem to get over the looks. Yeah yeah, it's an ugly Shark already, etc etc. It's always a log winter, won't be able to add any mural pics for 6+ months. ;)
Personally I think it looks great, but I think it would not look good in a lighter color, needs to be dark tint. It really works well, that's the most important thing.

·
Shark of the Month October 13
7,671 Posts
Wow JTB, that first one has to be the best bike related mural I've ever seen. The detail is incredible and the guys/bikes in the foreground look very real. That's a winner Jack!

·
Super Moderator
10,218 Posts
Wow JTB, that first one has to be the best bike related mural I've ever seen. The detail is incredible and the guys/bikes in the foreground look very real. That's a winner Jack!
If I recall correctly the bikes on the grass are each of the state HOG chapters ( you can see the HOG patches in the painting ) and I believe the two motor officers were killed in the line of duty ...

JtB

·
Registered
551 Posts
Very cool idea and pictures thanks for starting and sharing this!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Love this thread... and it prompted me to finallly take these today as I began my ride to work.

Right at the end of my street in Rosebud, Victoria, is a Returned Services League club. The Rosebud RSL. It's the Australian equivalent of a VFW post...and just 3 months ago the normally conservative club management unveiled the result of an absolutely inspired idea - a street-art style giant mural honouring the servicemen and women of Australia who have served in combat. I think it's one of the greatest pieces of street art in all of greater Melbourne. Perfect backdrop for the bike.... I think every RSL club in Australia should do this. I love it. Very proud of it in our little town (plus my dad was a New Zealand WWII combat vet and my grandad fought for Australia in WWI)

1 - 20 of 80 Posts