Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you have tips or tricks for hardware that has been powder coated? Specifically Allen head bolts and torques that have been powder coated. Do you use the next size smaller or I heard you can heat the wrench a little to help the PC move a little. Going to put my cousins bike back together soon and don't want to mess anything up in the process. Thanks!!

·
Registered
6,081 Posts
The next smaller size Allen wrench will strip the head. I never tried heating up the powder that might be worth a shot and tap the wrench with a hammer into the head. I typically have used a nail set to scrape out as much as I can till the wrench fits.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I would use the size allen/torx needed. I would also try and heat the tool but I think that you will have to get that bad boy red hot to move the pc since its baked on. I personally didn't do my bolts cause I wanted the raw steel look...they are the only thing not pc'd on my bike. This will be a long process to put back together lots of removing pc to get all the parts to fit like they are intended. It took me and a couple buddies about 2 1/2 days to put mine all back. Good luck and post pics of the bike when your done.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well got my cousin's bike all back together today. All PC was done by Indy PC and it was flawless. We added Bad Dad stretched fender and bags as well. We had very little issues with the PC in the bolt heads but the few we did heating the Allen wrench worked flawlessly. Bike looks bad ass. He will be adding black exhaust and blacking the front out in the future but for now he is one happy camper. Will add pics shortly.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts