Road Glide banner

Powder coating a crash bar on cooled touring

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Skye120 
#1 ·
I have a 2016 Road Glide Ultra, and I am going to get the crash bar powder coated here at a local shop. My bike has the lowers with the radiators. My original thought was to buy one off somebody have it coated and just swap all at once with a buddy at the house. Then not having to worry about disconnecting the radiators or rigging them up while the bar is getting coated. The question is, is there an easy way to rig it up so I don’t have to waste 100 bones on a bar? If not, from what I am seeing. All the newer touring highway bars are the same size regardless of liquid cooled or air cooled? Appreciate the the responses [emoji1591]

#2 ·
I did this to mine. I already had my front fairing off doing other stuff. I used coated wire and looped it around the top of the lowers and tied it off to the directional bolt. Sat that way for about a week. I was also able to do it alone this way.
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire Car

#3 ·
I did this to mine. I already had my front fairing off doing other stuff. I used coated wire and looped it around the top of the lowers and tied it off to the directional bolt. Sat that way for about a week. I was also able to do it alone this way. View attachment 409677 View attachment 409677
Right on man, I appreciate your response! That’s what I was thinking about doing too. I actually have my front fairing off at the moment too. I’ll probably just do it this way then and see how it goes lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.