1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Cool. Good luck.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Yes, the rubber pieces can be removed but I have yet to come up with a solution for the chrome strips in the middle yet.

For the floor boards... Flip the boards over and with a pair of needle nose pliers squeeze the "bulbs" sticking through and push them through. For reassembly I recommend soapy water.

Brake pedal..... Remove the nut on the back of the pedal to remove the pad and chrome surrounding the pad.

Passenger pegs...... Remove the allen bolt on the outboard side of the peg. Next slide the peg mounting post out of the peg and remove rubber insert.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mray81 thanks will be doing as you suggest today. I'm gonna keep the chrome strip to give some contrast. Let you know how it all turns out.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
There is a 2 piece plastic bushing inside the brake arm where the spline goes thru that needs to be removed before the item is coated (plastic won't stand up to the required curing heat) and then it needs to be re-installed.

Not sure what all you have in mind or where your located, but I have a pretty healthy supply of parts in my exchange program and can help you eliminate most of your down time. PM me for any powder coating questions......

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There is a 2 piece plastic bushing inside the brake arm where the spline goes thru that needs to be removed before the item is coated (plastic won't stand up to the required curing heat) and then it needs to be re-installed.

Not sure what all you have in mind or where your located, but I have a pretty healthy supply of parts in my exchange program and can help you eliminate most of your down time. PM me for any powder coating questions......

pm sent thanks for the heads up on the plastic bushing

·
Registered
953 Posts

Jetman does great work!! He's done a lot on my bike and everything was flawless!!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, the rubber pieces can be removed but I have yet to come up with a solution for the chrome strips in the middle yet.

For the floor boards... Flip the boards over and with a pair of needle nose pliers squeeze the "bulbs" sticking through and push them through. For reassembly I recommend soapy water.

Brake pedal..... Remove the nut on the back of the pedal to remove the pad and chrome surrounding the pad.

Passenger pegs...... Remove the allen bolt on the outboard side of the peg. Next slide the peg mounting post out of the peg and remove rubber insert.

Hope this helps

yes it helped got all the rubber pieces out today thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts