Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thinking about getting a wrapper style front fender. I was wondering if anybody has powder coated his front fender instead of getting it painted. how did it compare as far as quality and finish? I have many powder coated parts on my shark just not larger surface one's.

·
Registered
6,081 Posts
I doubt anyone has, but it's possible. You can't powder coat the fairing, bags, or side covers so in order for everything to match up correctly I think paint is the only way to go.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
I worked with a guy who had all his tins powder coated. Worked fine. Very functional and probably a great way to paint tins with a matte finish.

But if you want a glossy finish it will never be as smooth as paint and will have a bit of orange peel.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
was just a thought....if you look at the my Signature picture here, the tank console is powder coated and i can barely tell the difference between the tank and the console. my powder coat guy uses a clear coats after the powder coat is complete.

·
Registered
6,081 Posts
If your gonna try it Black is probably the easiest when it comes to matching the HD finishes. If you do it post up some pics so we can see how it looks on the bike against the rest of the bike.

·
Registered
519 Posts
There are some very high quality powders out there that will look just like wet paint and smooth as glass. I had a PC business and some people thought that I had painted their parts instead of coating them!! I had done a set of tins for a Suzuki in a Chameleon colored powder and it looked just like the Mystic paint on a mustang. So powders are really a cool option and Dupont offers about 20 different shades and styles of black from mirror to dull and smooth to texture.

·
Registered
7,215 Posts
My buddy owns a powder coating shop and does great work. Like mentioned before, there are some high quaility powders which will look as good as paint and will be very durable too. Theres hundreds if not thousands of colors available so matching options are pretty good. Its a cheaper alternative to paint. If you get it done post some pics

1 - 8 of 8 Posts