Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Yes. Create a autotune tune and flash to ECM. Then run in autotune mode and go for a ride. When finished, save the data and it will create a new tune using the data gathered. Then flash the tune you just created to your ECM.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.. If you get the auto tune add-on to the PV will it change it as you ride without having to flash.. I am told then PVIV does that..

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Does the power vision autotune on the fly like the PCIV?

Thanks!
Actually it does not tune on the fly like the in line Power Commander systems do. It will auto-tune the bike but because it is a flash style tuner the auto-tune file will need to be downloaded to the ECM. This can be done from the PV control unit and does not require a computer, but it is not constantly adjusting as you ride.

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
1,775 Posts
The PC-V is a piggy-back system and changes tune on the fly based on a pre-loaded map. The Autotune module on that tuner will change the tune as you ride in real-time. The autotune module used for PV allows tuning on the fly but it is not real-time. The tune created must be saved and then downloaded. So, PC-V with autotune = tune real-time
PV with autotune = not real-time

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Autotune as applied to the Power Vision is an inappropriate marketing use of the term.

The question is static vs dynamic.

The Power Vision can create static tunes by recording your ride and suggesting changes that can be applied. The result is a static map.

The Power Commander as mentioned above, being a device that sits between the sensors and the ECM dynamically adjusts to riding conditions.

However, I have questions. :)

- Exactly WHAT is adjusted dynamically with the Power Commander? I'm pretty sure timing is, but what about AFR? I presume VE tables are not adjusted dynamically, which means you'd need a pretty good base map to start with.

Any comments?

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Power Vision can only LOG data with the Auto tune module. The logged data can be used in Autotune Pro mode to build VE tables (and timing I believe), but you have to flash the Stock ECM. You can then use the AT module to Log/monitor the data and confirm the Stock ECM is delivering what you expect.

PCV and Auto Tune are bypassing the stock NB O2 sensors and you run live through the two modules. (intercepting data and tricking the stock ECM).

(thanks to Mocotom for straightening me out on this last year. ;-) )

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
However, I have questions. :)

- Exactly WHAT is adjusted dynamically with the Power Commander? I'm pretty sure timing is, but what about AFR? I presume VE tables are not adjusted dynamically, which means you'd need a pretty good base map to start with.

Any comments?
The PCV can control timing, AFR and other stuff similar to the PV, but it's altering parameters to trick the stock ECM which then controls the system with the altered parameters. You can create an AFR table that is using values outside of the narrow bands capability and run Closed loop at AFRs other than 14.6:1.

·
EFI tuning and Exhaust Expert
815 Posts
Actually PC-V/AT-100 uses a dual channel controller and will populate "on the fly" fuel corrections for both front & rear cylinders. All PC-V maps are dual cylinder (advanced) maps, if you import a PC III map it will prompt you for AFR tables and automatically assigns front cyl #1, rear cyl #2

Power Vision uses the AT-110/120 depending on if your bike uses PV-1 or PV-2, the Auto Tune module is the same dual channel wideband controller as PC-V however it includes the appropriate cable kit for use with Power Vision. With PV & Auto Tune Pro you will put the device in AT mode and log data, you will then later apply the recommended corrections back into the base map. This is a very straight forward process and works very well. Power Vision also gives you a wide range of tune parameters to adjust. You can also populate Igntion Timing corrections with the Power Vision as well with both Auto Tune Pro & Basic applications which are based of knock retard events, I recommended first getting the VE's tuned in then moving on to igntion timing. If anyone needs any assistance we are always here to help

There is an Auto Tune video here
Here is the user guide http://www.powercommander.com/downloads/Support-Released/Power Vision/Manuals/PVAutoTune.01.pdf

1 - 10 of 10 Posts