Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How long should a normal Auto Tune ride go for. Also is it normal to get red and orange squares on the Auto Tune graph screen?

·
Registered
329 Posts
It's not about length of ride... you want it to fill out all of the graphs through all the throttle ranges and rpm. You'll have to ride it pretty hard to do it. Go out and have some fun!

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
How long should a normal Auto Tune ride go for. Also is it normal to get red and orange squares on the Auto Tune graph screen?
Best way to auto tune is to do this.. ride it and get it warm then setup auto tune to start, hammer it through all the gears at then maintain a speed you are comfortable with for a min or 2 then ride home like you normally would for about 10 - 15mins in cruising and stop and go traffic. then pull over save the tune and flash and then ride it..

If you find hesitation or low spots run auto tune again, and ride where u had the issues and then repeat process till you are happy.

It took me a hour but I am dialed in very well and my mileage actually went up. If you just have pipes and air mods it wont take you that long at all. I just got done with cams so took a little more..

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Ok But any idea what the diff rent colors in the graph mean???
The colors in the graph show you how many times the motor saw the rpm and load in that given cell. They change color as to the number of hits each cell gets. Red is fully populated and what you are trying to obtain.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts