Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For my 2011 103, I already have FM headers and pipes and a PC-V with a map done by Fuel Moto that is great! But great is never good enough. Im gong to add the new 222 cams (Im thinking) and want to change to the Power Vision. For such a mild build, am I gonna be happy with the Basic auto tune? Or am I gonna need the Pro?
Live in Indiana where the weather changes and my riding style changes from one up flogging the bike in the twistys, to two up touring with the wife and wayyyy too much luggage. Hence I love the concept of creating a couple of different tunes.

fyi- Money is an issue! (Im a cop and graft and corruption has taken a hit in this ecomomy) (hmmm Im kidding of course bout the graft/corruption) Even donuts have gone up in price! Otherwise I would just get the Pro, but really want to try to save a little bit

Thanks
Mark

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Triplej, that is an option Im considering. In fact, that wad my initial plan. But my inner gear geek inside thinks flashing the ecm is better than a piggy back system. Had one issue last summer that might have been caused by the pc-v, or might not have. After clearing out the codes it never happened again.

Thanks for the input.
Mark

·
Life Member
5,434 Posts
Don't get me wrong. I love my PV but I've also used the PCV and had good luck with it. If I already owned the PCV I would have a hard time getting rid of it and upgrading g to the PV even though it does offer more flexiblity. But that's just me.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I have the Power Vision and have been using the basic auto tune from the day I installed it. In fact it pretty much stays on the bike so I can auto tune any time I want. If you have your heart set on a Power Vision the basic auto tune is already on the unit. If you wanted you could add the wide band auto tune at a later date. The Power Vision is easy to use, since I have no experience with the PCV I can't make any comments on it. I would think it would be cheaper to add the auto tune to the PCV though. Just some thoughts.

·
Registered
341 Posts
The bad part about Auto Tune is it only adjust Air/Fuel ratio it wont adjust timing. So Dyno tuning is the best way to have your bike run tiptop. You could install the auto tune and dyno tune but it seems redundant to me.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I run the PC-V w/auto tune. I thought about changing to the new Power Vision so I contracted Fuelmoto about it, he said no need to change. He said unless I had a dyno there wasn't anything I could gain one way or the other. I'd just get the auto tune for it and be down.

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
1,775 Posts
I had the PC-V w/Autotune on my last bike and was very happy with it. I have the Power Vision on my current bike and am very happy with it. The benefit of the PC-V w/Autotune is it is constantly adjusting to your environmental changes as well as elevation changes. I don't think you can go wrong either way but financially it makes more sense to me to add the Autotune to your existing setup. JMO.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
The bad part about Auto Tune is it only adjust Air/Fuel ratio it wont adjust timing. So Dyno tuning is the best way to have your bike run tiptop. You could install the auto tune and dyno tune but it seems redundant to me.
Actually, Autotune function will adjust timing in a sense. Only in the negative direction. So, advance your spark tables until you start getting spark knock events, and it will retard the timing table to keep it in check. Not as effective/accurate as a dyno tune, but if a dyno tune isn't an option in your area, a home tuner can do a pretty damn good job with wide band O2's, and the Autotune function.

Jeff

1 - 9 of 9 Posts