Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm on a 2013 Road Glide Custom. I added CFR's and also a Power Vision from Fuel Moto. I uploaded the custom map into the ECM. I then took her out for a ride and used Auto Tune. When uploading the auto tune it asks if I want to change "Fuel Trim Values". I answered "no". Was that correct? When would I want to change that?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
I'm on a 2013 Road Glide Custom. I added CFR's and also a Power Vision from Fuel Moto. I uploaded the custom map into the ECM. I then took her out for a ride and used Auto Tune. When uploading the auto tune it asks if I want to change "Fuel Trim Values". I answered "no". Was that correct? When would I want to change that?
You sure it didn't say, Do you want to reset Fuel trims? It's normal to see that when loading a tune, and you should almost always say Yes. The only time you might not reset them is if you'd made a change to something minor and were reflashing the same tune, ie, bumping rev limiter up.

You can reset trims now without reflashing, either that reflash and say Yes to reset them. Then run an auto tune with the new tune you got from FM.

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
The fuel trim values are the fine adjustments the ECM does to the VE table to more closely zero in on the desired fuel mixture. The VE values that are developed by the autotune are the "course" adjustments, the trims are a "fine" adjustments that are dynamic, ie they change all the time.
So, when you flash a new tune you should clear out the trim values.
You can reload the autotune that you just did, and then clear the trims. You can reset them anytime on the trip screen, which I do sometimes when I switch back and forth from ethanol to non-ethanol.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
What TDK said!

Also, you will want to run through the autotune process a few times, commiting changes after 30-40 minute tuning rides. You will want to reset the trims when you reflash the ECM with the committed autotune map. The goal is to get the VE tables to a point where you don't see huge changes after applying the changes. You can validate the changes by loading the your maps into WinPV and doing a compare between maps.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What TDK said!

Also, you will want to run through the autotune process a few times, commiting changes after 30-40 minute tuning rides. You will want to reset the trims when you reflash the ECM with the committed autotune map. The goal is to get the VE tables to a point where you don't see huge changes after applying the changes. You can validate the changes by loading the your maps into WinPV and doing a compare between maps.
Thanks again. I have done 4 auto tunes. Reworking the prior tune every time. I am amazed how easy it is to auto tune and then load the new tune into the bike and I can really feel and hear how well the bike runs. More power, no decal popping, no flat spots. I'm very happy with the Power Vision and CFR's. Now I have to decide on a new AC. Thanks for all the help with this.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts