Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a question for you guys with your PV mounted. What gauges do you monitor while riding, like rpm, temp, mpg, what is knock? What do you have them set at? I just mounted mine and would like to set it up. What is the ideal running temp? Whats to low whats to hot? I'm not sure what knock is and would it be something to monitor whats good whats bad? Thanks ride safe.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I generally monitor the AFR, MAP,and head temp, if I leave mine mounted when not logging tune data. Did not notice that there was a "Knock" gauge, but will assume it counts knock events detected by the factory system. Knock is when the cylinder fires when not intended, and is a bad thing.

Jeff

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
2,338 Posts
I monitor MPG and engine temp

·
Registered
192 Posts
No expert by any means I set my min temp in blue to 180 and usually will not drive away untill it has idled down and take it easy until at least to minimum now max \i set red and have it at 325 . I set the colors so I don't spend so much time looking at the numbers just that I am not minimum or maximum . I usually have it monitoring what gear mileage and anything else I feel like .

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks cbumdumb, I wanted to watch the temp just didn't know the low/high numbers. This will be my second riding season with this PV it will be nice having it on the bars this year to monitor engine data, instead of the factory air temp gauge that lets you know the temp under your faring.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts