Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to know how many of you actually mount the PV on your bars. If you leave it there what do you use it for after you have perfected your tune? Did you use the mounting hardware from FM?

I'm hesitant order mounting hardware as I have my Zumo of the left side and don't really see how I would use the PV daily. It seems like it might be just something else to have to remove when leaving the bike unattended. Am I missing something?

Thanks fellow!

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
I have it mounted to mine, but not with there hardware, I have the mount for my HDtech GPS and have it velcroed to the removable piece that come out in order to snap the GPS in. If you want I'll take some pix tomorrow & post.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I use my old Magellan GPS mount , you can't use visor. I mount mine locally but will remove for long trips because some douchebubble will think it is a GPS or a small television and steal it. If I need it I will just hook it up.after tune is done its unneeded unless you need to check something .

Attachments

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
I ordered this mount (see pics) on the advice of a forum member (can't remember who) and was hesitant at first because of the plastic construction. It's actually pretty rugged and I don't sweat mounting my $500 PV there anymore. PV also goes on and off easily (seconds) by spinning the nut around the ball. Of course that is if you leave the mount on the bar. I think I paid around $17.

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
I used the techmount that FM sells:

Securely mounts the PV most anywhere, I've got mine permanently mounted just to the lower left of the speedo/tach. Still easy to get on and off as needed.

If you don't know how you'd use the PV on a daily basis, unfortunately you're missing out on at least 50% of the unit's functionality. I have 20 gauges set up for viewing as I want, datalogging, trip/mileage computer and code reader at the touch of the screen.
I'm a tech/motorhead geek so I do this stuff.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
I've got mine permanently mounted just to the lower left of the speedo/tach. Still easy to get on and off as needed.

If you don't know how you'd use the PV on a daily basis, unfortunately you're missing out on at least 50% of the unit's functionality. I have 20 gauges set up for viewing as I want, datalogging, trip/mileage computer and code reader at the touch of the screen.
I'm a tech/motorhead geek so I do this stuff.
Ditto. I used the FM mount that came with the kit. I have the Zumo up high next to my clutch hand, and the PV down low (permanently mounted) as per tdkkart.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
I ran mine under the tank dash. Plenty of room.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts