Road Glide banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a Microsoft Surface Pro tablet to use in my garage and traveling. It uses Windows 8.1 and I think I was told the power vision does not operate with that os. For you guys that play with the power vision tables/cells shoot me some info if ya can.

·
Registered
180 Posts
The Dynojet website says that WinPV is compatible with XP, Vista, and 7.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It says 8 as well but I don't know if it is the same as 8.1. Never thought about the os until I started to use the pv-1

·
Registered
180 Posts
You are absolutely correct. I missed that part when I looked it up. No idea about 8.1.

·
Registered
180 Posts
It's semi-permanently mounted with an Iron Aces Speed Shop Road Glide Mount. I've only hooked my PV up to my computer twice: once was right after I bought it and flashed my ECM the first time, and the second was after I ordered my Jackpot header and FM intake, so I could load the map that Jamie sent me. Both times it was connected to my PC when it was off my bike. I'm running Windows 7 on a four year old PC.

·
Registered
198 Posts
when I try and open a downloaded tune a message comes up and says this ap can't run on this pc Check with software publisher. HELP

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
download the tune to your desktop (it is a pvt tune correct?). open winpv, then open the tune through the program.

it sounds like the file extension is not set to winpv as the default.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I called fuelmoto and the tech department walk me through it and basically the CD software is no good and I downloaded it from fuelmoto's website. I downloaded the 64bit version for my tablet and it all worked out very well.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I run PV on a the win 64-bit version of the 8.1. OS.
BTW I concur with «skratch»; also in theory (!) any old software can run in a newer win shell in a so called compatibility mode (just right-click on the program icon and choose Troubleshoot compatibility.
Hope this helps!

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks Vicking, everything wound up working out when once again Fuelmoto comes to the rescue. They had a download on their website for 8.1 . It worked out well and able to do my pv work on my microsoft surface pro.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Yes Fuel Moto customer service is great. I am using the PV with 8.1 on my laptop, I downloaded all the latest software and it is running fine, no problems.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts