Road Glide banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This problem is occurring more frequently and I was wondering if anyone else has had similar experience. While riding the data on my PV will stop steaming and data fields will go blank. There is still power to the unit just no data displayed in the boxes. The unit will not respond to any button pushes. I have to turn the ignition switch to off then back on and it has reset and worked every time. Which leads me to believe it is not a loose connection. This is starting to happen more often and I am concerned that eventually it will not come back on. Any help with this would be Greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
How do you have the cable routed to the data plug?? Tucked up under the tank, over teh top of the tank under the dash or under the tank through the wiring channel??

Many people have had trouble with EMI interference when simply tucking the wiring up under the tank. Interference from the ignition system will cause the PV unit to lock up.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I have mine tucked under council no problems at all That is if I can ever get rid of pinging :(

·
Registered
192 Posts
Had mine in the wiring channel and it would do it all the time moved it over in the channel and now it hasn't done it since .

·
Registered
198 Posts
Do you have the knock retard feature enabled? PV will identify the area where ping occurs and reduce timing to eliminate the ping if you program it to do so.
yes I have it enabled but no luck after doing auto tune I can see no changes to timing numbers when I look at map of tune session

·
Registered
42 Posts
I used log tuner to clear up all the knock events. Once you get on to it, its quick and easy to retard the timing in the ping areas.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
yes I have it enabled but no luck after doing auto tune I can see no changes to timing numbers when I look at map of tune session
You will need the Powervision set to the "Pro" feature in WinPv software if it is not already. After changing to the PRO mode go back to the bike and now when you choose AT, press the settings tab. A list of options appears, scroll to "max spark learn" and set it to 10. Enable the AT and ride in the conditions you normally experience the ping, the PV will log and reduce the timing in affected areas. Down load the AT session to the ECM and your done. If the ping is severe, it may take more than one AT to correct.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks

I currently have my cable running in the backbone, I will see if shifting it makes a difference. If that doesn't work I will run it under console.
Thanks again for the help guys!!!!:D

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
2,338 Posts
I have mine run under the console....... maybe lazy is not such a bad thing :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
You will need the Powervision set to the "Pro" feature in WinPv software if it is not already. After changing to the PRO mode go back to the bike and now when you choose AT, press the settings tab. A list of options appears, scroll to "max spark learn" and set it to 10. Enable the AT and ride in the conditions you normally experience the ping, the PV will log and reduce the timing in affected areas. Down load the AT session to the ECM and your done. If the ping is severe, it may take more than one AT to correct.
Just a quick FYI, no more Pro mode in the latest version of WinPV. Normal mode is Pro, one less thing to think about.

Don't you need to disable the AFR monitoring also?

I run my cable up under the tank, loosely draped above the fuel disconnect. No issues at all in 9 mos.

·
Registered
6 Posts
This problem is occurring more frequently and I was wondering if anyone else has had similar experience. While riding the data on my PV will stop steaming and data fields will go blank. There is still power to the unit just no data displayed in the boxes. The unit will not respond to any button pushes. I have to turn the ignition switch to off then back on and it has reset and worked every time. Which leads me to believe it is not a loose connection. This is starting to happen more often and I am concerned that eventually it will not come back on. Any help with this would be Greatly appreciated.
Yes. Mine has been disconnecting just after it established a connection. Essentially just after starting the bike. No buttons worked either. I would have to turn the bike off and then on to communicate with the Power Vision.

My PV wires run in the wiring trough.

·
EFI tuning and Exhaust Expert
815 Posts
99.9% of the time if the Power Vision is freezing up or the touch screen does not work it is due to the PV cable being ran too close to an RF source as noted earlier. Most common sources of RF are the spark plug wires and coils.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Even though I don't have wideband sensors your saying to go and use auto-tune pro correct? Jamie if your following this thread what is your opinion?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Use auto tune basic and then in the settings for auto tune you have to set the max spark learn to something more than 0 for it to do anything. It is set to 0 from the get go so that you get your fuel straight first and then move on to spark corrections. Its also a good idea to pay attention to what the temp is that the problem happens and possibly make the changes to the temp. Vs spark table. Good luck and hope all goes well.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Great to see you contributing on this forum Joe. I've learned a lot reading your HTT posts, which unfortunately can be tough to find with all the PV questions funneling through the one main Topic.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts