Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 road glide with some motor work and my power vision has been acting up since I have tried to auto tune with it.

When I am in auto tune it is logging all of the cells just fine but when I flash the next tune to the bike and go and run it is when I have the problems. While riding at a constant rpm and speed the bike will be fine and then all of a sudden it will go into front cyl lean and rear rich like afr front of 18 to 21 and rear of 11 to 12 then its like someone flips a switch instantly the afr on both cylinders go to right around 13.5 to 14.2. Then the process repeats itself just with the rear going lean and the front rich. and it does this at pretty much any rpm range that I can cruse at a constant rpm for.

When I auto tune my base map it will come up with ve values change between 1 to 15 and the next time it will say something like -1 to -15 change the best change in ve values that I have been able to achieve has been after about 5 auto tune sessions it has been 0 to 7 ve change I am starting to think that there is a different problem that I dont see.

I bought the bike with the power vision and auto tune already installed so I didnt want to call jamie from fuel moto as I see on there site it says if you didnt buy the unit here go to dynojet for help but Dyno jet has not been real helpful and told me that the auto tune was on;y as good as the o2 system. can read.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I would turn off the autotune if you have a know good map and ride it. You could have an issue with the AT. If this does not improve or eliminate the issue then the problem is going to be elsewhere.

You could download a generic map if you don't have a know good one.

Just to see if the bike runs smooth.

·
Registered
329 Posts
When you say Auto Tune, do you have the wideband kit (Autotune Pro), or are you using Autotune Basic with the stock narrowband sensors?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am using a map that I received from dyno jet, I am using the auto tune with the wide band o2 auto tune pro. I have checked the pipes and the censors are in the right spot and I am using all four censors.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I am using a map that I received from dyno jet, I am using the auto tune with the wide band o2 auto tune pro. I have checked the pipes and the censors are in the right spot and I am using all four censors.
At this point I think you need to unplug the narrow band sensors. I do not run the narrow bands with mine. That would be my first action. Then ride and look at your trims or log and see if this eliminates the issue.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I would suggest checking all of the sensor connections at the AT module, it could be as simple as loose or improperly connected wire, those connections are made by the installer, not dynojet, being that it was already installed on the bike it could very well be installer error.

·
Registered
60 Posts
"...riding at a constant rpm and speed the bike will be fine and then all of a sudden it will go into front cyl lean and rear rich like afr front of 18 to 21 and rear of 11 to 12 then its like someone flips a switch instantly the afr on both cylinders go to right around 13.5 to 14.2. Then the process repeats itself just with the rear going lean and the front rich. and it does this at pretty much any rpm range that I can cruse at a constant rpm for..."
This is a problem very similar to what I experienced after switching hardware from the Basic NB02 to the ATPro and WB02. The guy that was helping me got the front/rear wires to the NB sensors mixed up when he plugged them back in.

I didn't discover the issue until I headed out for a two day trip/tuning run and noticed there were serious runability issues. I had a fairly close map that I'd built using 'ATBasic' from which I was going to tune and so I was really surprised. I took the PV out of line, running the previous tune with just the NBs until I got back home.

A few minutes chasing the different wires/connectors down brought the issue to view and it was quickly fixed. All worked as it should from there.

If you find that everything is wired/connected correctly (you didn't mention whether you were running 'Basic' or 'Pro' hardware), I would not hesitate to contact either FM or DJ--they are both great resources and a big help.

I've found the PV to be a great tool on my last two bikes.
Just my experience. Good Luck!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
When I get home I am going to check the stock o2 bungs and see if maybe they are switched around. thanks for all of the replies.

Tim

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Stock o2 were hooked up backwards I hope this helps out. I verified the wide bands were in the hooked up correct also.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts