Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow! I am thoroughly impressed with my Power-vision PV1 from dynojet! When I installed the PV I uploaded the closest tune I could find from dynojets website for 91-93 octane economy and immediately my MPG went from avg of 38/39 to an average of 40.7... :eek: then I updated my ECM with the basic auto tune data I captured and so far on just over a half a tank of gas I am getting 45mpg. :D That's mixed driving btw 30mph to 80mph...

In short well worth the money!

I always suspected my bike didn't like Harley's stage 1 tune but now I know it. ... The auto-tune eliminated my rough start, my rough idle(which before tuning I didn't realize was an issue), and has nearly eliminated my knocking. I figure one or two kore refinements on the tune and my bike will be knock free too! Now I'm waiting to see if this also helps the oil blow-by issue I've had and can't seem to resolve. My hunch is it does as the operating pressures and temps should go down with a more efficiently running motor. :D

·
Life Member
5,434 Posts
I have yet to hear anyone that is not happy with the PV. Myself included, great product.

As for your oil blow-by issue, are you talking about getting oil in the A/C? If yes, are you running your oil more towards the top of the full mark? If yes again, try running the oil more towards the middle or slightly below there and you will more than likely see an improvement with the blow-by.

·
Registered
333 Posts
After 1 Auto Tune, the difference was very noticeable. After 2 more, I'm feeling it was money well spent.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I did it a little different. I did a stage 1 and did not use a canned tune. I went for a short ride using auto tune and loaded that information. Did three more auto tunes to refine what I had. Bike is running great, no knocking or pinging, very happy. :D

·
Registered
586 Posts
I need to try auto tune. I'm no longer happy with the canned map.
The neat thing about auto tuning is you can refine your perimeters as you ride for the way you ride. You can keep a copy of the original tune, when you make your auto tune just save that one to a different slot. As you do more auto tunes you can use the tune that you created and keep adjusting it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts