Road Glide banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is it worth getting the Wide band tune? And also the open tuner to go from bike to bike? What’s benefits of all above vs not. Also difference between pro/Dynojet AT2 Wideband Kit vs the Dynojet Target Tune Wideband Kit.

·
Registered
8,189 Posts
Is it worth getting the Wide band tune? And also the open tuner to go from bike to bike? What’s benefits of all above vs not. Also difference between pro/Dynojet AT2 Wideband Kit vs the Dynojet Target Tune Wideband Kit.
From my reading ,I understand that the wide band tuning is for the top end of the fuel curve. Like if your racing your bike. The narrow band will only tune so far up then the rest is just a set number.
I'm not a FI guy but that's my understanding.

I read somewhere once ,someone had problems trying to tune 2 bikes on 1 PV tunner . Not saying it cant be done, your know how folks fu#k thinges up aND bitch.. What's the price difference rather then just buying another tunner ?

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Auto tune is a step above a fixed tune or running off of a map. The way Harley does it, its really not worth the money. The way PV does it is better. But it is still a speed density fuel strategy.

If you really want performance fuel injection you need to get away from the oem speed density system. Mass air flow is the best by far, but not available for Harleys. So the next best performance system is Alpha-N. And you can get that in a stand alone auto tune unit. There are a few companies that make these systems, Thundermax is the one I am most familiar with.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts