Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this question has been asked - couldn't find it using search . . .

I just got my box from Fuel Moto. I was planning on NOT leaving the PV1 attached to the bike until I realized the monitoring capabilities, so I have decided now to leave it attached. Anyway, I like the idea of the quick click mount that comes with it, but am kinda worried about it popping out of the mount. Has anyone had any issues with it? (yes I am obsessive . . . )

·
Registered
128 Posts
If you hit something hard enough to knock it loose the pv will be the least of your worries! Mine has never came loose.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Power Vision Dismount

If you hit something hard enough to knock it loose the pv will be the least of your worries! Mine has never came loose.
You are not just whistling Dixie. 60 MPH and the PV popped off the bracket but the wires held it on the bike and it never hit the ground.... So the bracket definitely holds it on tight

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just put mine on about 3 weeks ago. The installed map I got isn't great so I have (so far) auto tuned 27 times.
anyway, last week I was on an empty stretch and decided to go through all gears up to redline. In 6th and at about 105mph I realized the small bridge had a bump on it. Hit it at full throttle, held on tight, but got bucked enough that I was off the seat with my arms completely out stretched to keep ahold of the bars. The PV never attempted to come off. As said already though, that was the absolute least of my worries at the time. I imagine after a few disconnects and reconnects it may not hold as well though.

Don

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
2,338 Posts
54,000 miles and it hasn't popped out on it's own, and I've been on some really bad roads.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Mine popped off going down the freeway and was stopped from hitting the road by the wire but when it fell out it bounced off the tank. I was lucky, no marks or dents but it damn sure could happen. I got it velcrode on really good now.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I ended up deciding to not mount it permanently, mainly due to the psycho weather we have here and how much I get caught in the rain. I do however need to do an autotune one of these days . . .

·
Registered
533 Posts
I use the spring loaded X mount and always leave it on the bike. I've been through some crazy rain and it's never affected the PV. Maybe I should be more concerned, but 40,000 miles of sun and rain and it's still working great.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts