Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I was wondering if anyone can send a tune my way just curious in trying out someone else's as I am noticing some issues with mine. I just got a 16 rgs and used a tune off my 14 sgs with all the same parts but it does not run as well. I am going on vacation to Americade and then to Laconia Tuesday morning so I was planning on getting dynojet tuned up there. I just wanted something for the ride up.
Currently I have a bassani head pipe with vance and Hines slipons with heavy breather elite. Thanks in advance for your time and help.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Hey guys I was wondering if anyone can send a tune my way just curious in trying out someone else's as I am noticing some issues with mine. I just got a 16 rgs and used a tune off my 14 sgs with all the same parts but it does not run as well. I am going on vacation to Americade and then to Laconia Tuesday morning so I was planning on getting dynojet tuned up there. I just wanted something for the ride up.
Currently I have a bassani head pipe with vance and Hines slipons with heavy breather elite. Thanks in advance for your time and help.
Isn't there something on the PV website that you can use to get close? Then you could run some autotune session to hone in your closed loop map.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Get in contact with Fuel-moto if you got the tuner from them they can help. Otherwise contact Dynojet, they can provide you with a tune. Still will want to run auto tune after getting the new tune. They will get you headed in the right direction.

·
Registered
177 Posts
If you got the Power Vision Auto Tuner, just go into the tune & run a tune on it. Do the best you can to get town riding in, highway and possibly some interstate riding. The more areas you can cover, the better your tune will be. Once that's done, re-flash it with that tune & see how it runs. Here's what you should do to run a tune:
- Program Vehicle
- Auto Tune
- Enable AT
- Select the map that your currently using
- Touch Select
- Touch Basic
- Turn Ignition off for 10 seconds
- Turn Ignition back on
- Select Program Vehicle
- Auto Tune
- Data Log

Start riding... As mentioned above, do the best you can to run through all the ways that you ride. In town, stop & go traffic, highway & interstate. Ride like you normally do & your tune will be better. When your in the tune mode, you should have the attached diagram up on the PV Tuner. When you see values in the squares, that means it is either learning or has learned that value. When your finished, re-flash that tune & I would bet that most or all of your issues are taken care of.
When your done with your ride or tune, select "Exit" at the bottom of your tune. Then follow these steps:
- Select Export Learned
- Touch Scale (This is the one I used)
- Touch Continue
- Select a slot to save this tune
- Touch select
- Touch OK

Now you can load that custom tune you just did.
- Program Vehicle
- Load Tune
- Custom Tune
- Select that slot you saved your tune in
- Touch Select
- Touch Flash - this send the file to the ECM
- Touch OK
- When prompted, turn ignition off for 10 seconds
- Then turn bike back on

Go for a ride & see if your issues were taken care of. Mine were all resolved after one tune.

If you want the 26 page PDF I have that goes through it, send me an email & I will forward a copy of it to you..

Good luck!!

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys I ended up gettimg it worked out by a friend and bike runs great now. I just didn't like where the auto tunes were heading with this bike. I was getting a lot of hesitation around 3k no matter how many auto tunes I did.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A friend of mine went in and added fuel down low where I had the issue. He said it was starving down low. I am learning how to tune fuel injection as I was always a carb guy. For some reason my power vision could not get the low end rite, but it had the top end part pretty much spot on.

I still would like to try others tunes to see if there is a difference between the two. So if anyone is interested in trading tunes let me know.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts