Road Glide banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 with cut out cat, Rinehart slip-ones, screaming eagle intake and just bought a PV-1 unit. I install a tune for S&S with air filter upgrade and it's ok, but not right. Does anyone know of a tune that would get me closer? I was going to call vendor but ran out of time yesterday. It's cold outside, so I got time on my hands to re-tune, but don't know which one to use.

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
2,338 Posts
Try doing a few autotune runs to tweek the canned tune.

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
1,775 Posts
Do an 'auto tune'. The PV has the ability to do a 'Basic Auto Tune' while riding your scooter. Start the Basic Auto Tune, ride for a while the way you normally ride, save the tune and then download the tune you just saved.:D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you know if removing the cat, but staying with stock O2 sensors changes anything on the can tunes?
Will the auto tune pick this up and fine tune the bike based off any tune that's close?

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
1,775 Posts
You must have the O2 sensors to run the PV. It's part of the puzzle. :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you! Once it warms up I will take it out and run the autotune.

Next question: I do not plan on mounting the unit to the bike. Just get it where I want it and then remove the unit. BUT if someone has come up with a great mount that is not real noticeable when not on bike, please share!

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Yes, having the cat removed will make a large difference in the tunes that are listed for the stock header. The cat changes the reversion characteristics of the pipe, which then changes what the o2 sensors see.

The TechMount from FuelMoto works great and would be very non-obtrusive if the PV Unit is removed I have mine permanent mounted to the bars just to the left of center.
http://www.fuelmotousa.com/harley/accessories/efi-tuner-accessories/3-30912.html

·
Registered
614 Posts
Run the basic auto tune. As long as the bike is close with the canned MAP you have it will get better with a few data runs. its very easy to do now that the firmware is in the PV. Just follow the screen directions. Ride it at all speeds and rpm, get some pulls in on a hill ect. at least 20 min of riding. then save and flash the new tune and do it again. I had to run 4 to get it to where there were almost no changes in the tune. so dont be afraid to repeat the data runs a few times and build off each new tune.

if you got the unit from Fuel Moto , call them for info, Jamie walked me through the process a few years ago and was very helpful

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Mounting the power vision allows you to use the many features it has built in to it.
Not just a tuner.
couple examples

·
Registered
325 Posts
Mounting the power vision allows you to use the many features it has built in to it.
Not just a tuner.
couple examples

I love the gauge feature, I have different screens set up, I have one that is both trips, with instant, avg mpg, gallons used and engine temp.

Next is I have one with rpm's, Map, and knock counts, It really helps if you pick up knock activity.

Then I have one of the 4 window screens with tach, map, and amount of timing pulled during knock activity. this is very helpful in that you can pin point where an issue is with the map, should you happen to get a bad tank of fuel.

BTW I believe Dyno Jet won this years product of the year for the V-Twin expo with Power Vision.

Great product IMO

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
I agree, great product.

One other comment using Durwoods example. The CSV file created if you log off a displayed gauge screen will lump Tach, map and timing together. You will also have all the other categories you can display in the file if you choose to correlate them. Kind of neat.

Another example when dialing in VEs is to set up a gauge screen with VE F&R and New VE F&R and you will be able to determine if the VE tables are still in need of further tuning or close to perfect.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Thank you! Once it warms up I will take it out and run the autotune.

Next question: I do not plan on mounting the unit to the bike. Just get it where I want it and then remove the unit. BUT if someone has come up with a great mount that is not real noticeable when not on bike, please share!
I've got the PV cable plugged in and coiled under my seat. When I want to do a tune run, I have the magnetic iPhone tank pouch HD.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/store/boom!-audio-music-player-tank-pouch

·
Registered
325 Posts
I agree, great product.

Another example when dialing in VEs is to set up a gauge screen with VE F&R and New VE F&R and you will be able to determine if the VE tables are still in need of further tuning or close to perfect.
That sounds like a great idea, I still have one of the 4 window screens that I don't use.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I've got the PV cable plugged in and coiled under my seat. When I want to do a tune run, I have the magnetic iPhone tank pouch HD.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/store/boom!-audio-music-player-tank-pouch
Thats how I do it too. I dont see any reason to keep it mounted , I want to enjoy my ride not play with monitors and read outs. I dont need to know that info during a ride.

If I have a problem or if I make a engine mod then Ill mount it and make a few runs to tweek the tune, or check for a code when Im done it goes back in the closet

1 - 16 of 16 Posts