Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Excuse me if this is something that has already been beaten to death, but all the information iv found has been very out dated, and would just like to make sure.

This weekend we will be installing my Andrews 57h cams. I read online, guys say just to run an auto tune session once installed. Do you guys agree with this, just running an auto tune session off my tune I currently have in the bike now? I would like to have the bike dyno tuned after the cam install, but with the lack of motorcycle dyno tuners that work with the power visions, the closest one from home is 2.5 hrs away. Before I make the trip out there, I'd like to know that iv got a tune in the bike that won't cause any harm while riding out there

I currently just have exhaust, intake, and programmer on the bike, and iv been running multiple auto tune sessions through the bike, but it still doesn't seem correct, still a little boggy, but no popping. Iv probably ran 5-6 auto tune sessions through it now, and it runs alright, just not as well as I anticipated. Does this sound right? Just keep autotuning?

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Did you watch the dyno jet videos on tuning the PV. You must save the info from the auto tune run and then flash that map to the ECM. Then the next AT run must be based on that map, not the original. This should correct the tune step by step (map by map) until your where you want to be. When you run the AT and select save tune, it will tell you how many cells were corrected and by what percent.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
If you bought the PV from Fuel Moto they can give you a base map that is fairly close, otherwise I'd call Dynojet support to see if they have a map that is close. If it were me, I'd try to start the auto-tuning with a map that is not too far off to begin with

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I'll look for the tune file Dynojet sent me for the 57H cams. I can send it and the tune I run also tonight or tomorrow if you pm me an email address.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Fuel Moto has a great map for the 57H cam. I was just sent a map for the Target Tune. My bike runs better than ever

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Unfortunately I didn't purchase the PV through fuelmoto, or else I would. I actually already tried contacting them about it, but because I was unable to provide the purchase information needed

Jeff, that would be great if you could share that tune with me. Can't remember if I stated this above but, it's a 2015 road glide, bassani rr2 2-1 exhaust, Arlen ness stage 2 intake, PV, Andrews 57h cams.

The bike actually just got dropped off at the shop today. Supposed to be ready for pick up Monday. After playing around with the PV some more, I now understand how to use it pritty well. I started with a pre-canned tune in the PV for V&H Pro-pipe, and intake. After the first auto tune it read -3% and -15% . I know with the new cams it should be calling for more air/fuel, and auto tune will make those adjustments, I'm just weary that the tune that's currently in the bike, for the first auto tune session may be too far off and cause the bike to run like crap, or hurt it.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I guess my biggest question is...

Is it safe to auto tune my bike for the new cams off the existing tune (pipes, intake)?

The first map I ever loaded in the bike was very rich, -15% & -18%. Should I try using a map something like that, that allows more than the existing tune?

·
Registered
154 Posts
PV tune for new cams

I wouldn't just run the same tune with a major change like a cam. If you can get a copy from the other poster that has one for that cam, try to get a copy from him. Just remember to put it in WinPV and then load your current tune to compare. You will have to use your main parts of the tune because he has Target Tune, which is different than regular PV tunes. But you can copy the VE files and AFR table, then check your spark tables and make sure they are close. This should get you real close so you can start AT. The other option is to go through all the tunes that Dynojet has on their website and hope that you find one with that cam and similar setup. If all else fails and you cannot put the 2 tunes together to make the tune you need, ask someone here to help, several of us have the PV and some of us are doing pretty well with it. Loving mine and the Target Tune with full time wide band tuning. Good luck.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've had good luck contacting Dyno jet. They will have something real close. You will have to update the PV win pro to make sure all the updates are there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts