Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like to keep my PV mounted on the bike to use the gauges while riding. The engine temp and gear indicator gauges specifically. I've been having issues lately where they go blank after a short period of time. By this I mean the screen still reads "Engine Temp" and "Gear" but there are no longer numeric values. The only way to reset is to pull the connection, and plug it back in. Or shut the bike off and start over.

Occasionally, all will be fine for 30 minutes or more, but most times this happens after only a minute or two.

Anyone else run into this problem?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Where do you have the cable running up to the bars. Lock-ups cause by electrical interference are quite common if the cable is just tucked up over the motor under the tank. Too close to the plug wires.
I've had mine running on the bars for thousands of miles. Had problems initially when the cable was temporarily installed. Once I pulled the tank and ran the cable through the wiring tray under the tank I've never had another problem.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Where do you have the cable running up to the bars. Lock-ups cause by electrical interference are quite common if the cable is just tucked up over the motor under the tank. Too close to the plug wires.
I've had mine running on the bars for thousands of miles. Had problems initially when the cable was temporarily installed. Once I pulled the tank and ran the cable through the wiring tray under the tank I've never had another problem.
this was exactly my problem when I first installed mine and had the same symptoms that you are having!!!

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help. It is appreciated!

Here is a pic of the PV wire coming out from the side cover and running on top of the tank. Should I pull the tank and run it underneath?

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1 - 8 of 8 Posts