Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
8,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a Dynojet Power Vision off FM. Any secrets or advice ? Just running Stage 1 at this time.

·
Registered
8,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Buy a 107" Thumper kit and throw it on the bike. Then ride it like you stole it. I mean hey... you already have a tuner so you might as well. >:)
Almost very happy with the 96. If I wanted fast ,I'd go inline 4. :)

·
Registered
233 Posts
I just went thru the preloaded maps and installed one

·
Registered
8,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just went thru the preloaded maps and installed one
So FM loads more than one for you ? Do they explain the difference between the maps ?

·
Registered
233 Posts
So FM loads more than one for you ? Do they explain the difference between the maps ?
naw dynojet has some preloaded maps on it, you'll just have to play around with them, but they state what each is for but you have to click on it cause its just a number on the display, theres one for stock with stage one ac-performance and economy.

·
Registered
8,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Installed the Fuel Moro map over the weekend. I was very impressed on the change. Bike runs a good bit stronger and way cooler ,which is why I really wanted a tune in the first place.
Now the question is.... Should I mess with perfection and run the Auto tune basic or just leave well enough alone ? Can auto tune actually make the map worse ? Any input is appreciated.

·
Registered
473 Posts
At least a couple of autotune rides are welcome to fit the map to your bike. Personally I would suggest to find a solitary road and make some runs in 5th gear from 1700 to 5000rpm with slow acceleration and deceleration (it’s a lot of speed, I know) to cover most of the load conditions.
Slamming the throttle in autotune does not help a lot.
Once these 2 are done, then make a third in a winding road, riding your usual way, to fine tune the results.
When in autotune the bike runs a little rough because it mess up the spark advance a little to make its calculation, fuel consumption increase as well under this condition.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Just purchased a Dynojet Power Vision off FM. Any secrets or advice ? Just running Stage 1 at this time.
Please tell me you purchased it from Fuel Moto so you get their free support and maps. If not then pick a tune from the canned maps loaded that is close to yours and run auto tune. You fiuge out how to use with with a few runs. Make a copy of you current tune and save it on your computer. You can also then run auto tune off that . But save a copy just in case .

·
Registered
8,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Please tell me you purchased it from Fuel Moto so you get their free support and maps. If not then pick a tune from the canned maps loaded that is close to yours and run auto tune. You fiuge out how to use with with a few runs. Make a copy of you current tune and save it on your computer. You can also then run auto tune off that . But save a copy just in case .
Of course I bought it off Fuel Moto. They loaded an assume map for my bike too.

·
Registered
8,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
At least a couple of autotune rides are welcome to fit the map to your bike. Personally I would suggest to find a solitary road and make some runs in 5th gear from 1700 to 5000rpm with slow acceleration and deceleration (it’s a lot of speed, I know) to cover most of the load conditions.
Slamming the throttle in autotune does not help a lot.
Once these 2 are done, then make a third in a winding road, riding your usual way, to fine tune the results.
When in autotune the bike runs a little rough because it mess up the spark advance a little to make its calculation, fuel consumption increase as well under this condition.
Have to get out on 95 Or 16. 5K in 5th gear on my bike is around 100 mph.
Once you reach 5 K , should you back off slowly to a stop and flash or just keep riding until I get home ?

·
Registered
684 Posts
Not exactly apples to apples, but using the SEPST autotune on my 10 it supposedly takes steady throttle for 10 seconds to make enough of a reading to fill a box on the map. And I didn't want to spend quite that much time at a buck+ either... So I went with the assertion that it really just needs to be under load, and ran all my high RPM numbers in 3rd and 4th ... And then did the up to 4k stuff in 5th and 6th.

Just a thought.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Of course I bought it off Fuel Moto. They loaded an assume map for my bike too.
They will work with you on a map after the sale also. I know right now they are moving and behind on things . DNYOJET has can maps preloaded also but FM adds one based on what you tell them they did to your bike.
I was being a bit of a smart ass when I ordered mine from them . I have purchased others from them in the past. Listed no mods but has sidecar. They sent me a map with it Stock improved. FM is a great place. Works well.
Note their extended warranty is great also. I had one that died 2 years to the day and they replaced it.

·
Registered
8,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They will work with you on a map after the sale also. I know right now they are moving and behind on things . DNYOJET has can maps preloaded also but FM adds one based on what you tell them they did to your bike.
I was being a bit of a smart ass when I ordered mine from them . I have purchased others from them in the past. Listed no mods but has sidecar. They sent me a map with it Stock improved. FM is a great place. Works well.
Note their extended warranty is great also. I had one that died 2 years to the day and they replaced it.
Yup got a $ 25 off moving sale discount. Can't beat that. Easier to sell it rather than move it. :)

·
Registered
473 Posts
Have to get out on 95 Or 16. 5K in 5th gear on my bike is around 100 mph.
Once you reach 5 K , should you back off slowly to a stop and flash or just keep riding until I get home ?
the purpose is to imitate the bike being on the test bench, at least 2 to 3 attempt to reach 5k should be done on each autotune session then stop, flash the results and do it again.
I know this is a lot of speed, this is why you need a solitary road that I understand it isn't always handy.....
the alternative is to have the bike power benched using your powervision (it should cut the bench cost because no PV license is involved on operator side. Here in Italy the difference is 50%off)

·
Registered
505 Posts
What I did:

When I ordered from FM, I told them what I was running, and they loaded a map for me based on my bike's future configuration, (HOs, Big Sucker, stock header).

Once I got the tuner and Big Sucker AC, I installed the AC, then flashed the ECU with the FM supplied map.

Then I went for a ride. Big difference already, but had some slight popping when changing from 1st to 2nd.

Yesterday installed the PV cable semi-permanently and mounted the PV unit on the bars. It currently resides in my phone mount, but FM supplied a nice mount in case I needed it.

Did three autotune sessions on top of the original FM tune. Saved and flashed sessions 1 & 2, then session 3, improving the tune with each session.
keeping the PV mounted on the bars for a while in case I want to play with it some more soon. Otherwise, I mounted it so that will be easy to hide the PV cable under the handlebar garnish.

Session 3, the FM tune, and the original tune are all saved in the PV and on my PC.

Running session 3 right now, bike is running better than ever. Popping gone, the bike pulls hard, runs great.

·
Registered
540 Posts
PV is only compatible with Windows based computers correct? Mac guy here.... that's been the only thing keeping me from a PV- can't save any tunes or log runs and email them if the need arose. :frown:

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
What I did:

When I ordered from FM, I told them what I was running, and they loaded a map for me based on my bike's future configuration, (HOs, Big Sucker, stock header).

Once I got the tuner and Big Sucker AC, I installed the AC, then flashed the ECU with the FM supplied map.

Then I went for a ride. Big difference already, but had some slight popping when changing from 1st to 2nd.

Yesterday installed the PV cable semi-permanently and mounted the PV unit on the bars. It currently resides in my phone mount, but FM supplied a nice mount in case I needed it.

Did three autotune sessions on top of the original FM tune. Saved and flashed sessions 1 & 2, then session 3, improving the tune with each session.
keeping the PV mounted on the bars for a while in case I want to play with it some more soon. Otherwise, I mounted it so that will be easy to hide the PV cable under the handlebar garnish.

Session 3, the FM tune, and the original tune are all saved in the PV and on my PC.

Running session 3 right now, bike is running better than ever. Popping gone, the bike pulls hard, runs great.
You will find the Power Vision has a lot of tools you may wish to use . When it is mounted all the time. But carry a plastic bag and some rubber bands it is not made to get soaked.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts