Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've had my new Dynojet Power Vision(used in conjunction with my existing Auto Tune module/wide band O2 sensors) for a couple of weeks now, and overall am really pleased with it.

Had a few user issues initially, as I'm not all that savvy with a PC, and I don't think the manual is laid out very logically. No matter as Jamie at Fuel Moto has the patience of a saint, and endured my numerous calls & questions, and got me lined out.

I've done about a dozed data logging sessions, and tune calculations, and the corrections have become well under 2%, and generally less than 1%. The last two runs had virtually no spark corrections, so I think the tune is getting close.

The bike runs better than it ever has, and has excellent throttle response. Also seems to run quieter and smoother, and is cooler than ever. Oil temp hasn't exceeded 220F since the install.

The only downside so far, is a definite drop in fuel mileage. I haven't done any really long rides to quantify it yet, but just ball parking it, I'd say I've lost 6-8 MPG. I have the desired AFR set to 13.0, and I may have to bump it up a few tenths, and try to find a happy medium between power and fuel economy.

Damn good product IMO, and glad I did it.

Jeff

·
Registered
247 Posts
I need to find the thread. but off the top of my head I believe 13.7/13.9 was the magic AFR.

But as I understand it, closed loop is in 6th gear and that holds the stock AFR setting for fuel mileage....I hope I understand that correctly.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
I did not get the auto tune option... so I need to rely on the file that Jamie sent me for my configuration.

Sounds cool to be able to have the additional bits to do the tuning yourself. :cool:

·
Registered
614 Posts
I did not get the auto tune option... so I need to rely on the file that Jamie sent me for my configuration.

Sounds cool to be able to have the additional bits to do the tuning yourself. :cool:
Its my understanding they all have the auto tune. It is available in the PC Software. Go to the Fuel Moto site and read about self tune basic using the stock sensors http://www.fuelmotousa.com/PVlogtuner.htm. Basicly you attach the Power Vision and turn on data collection and then ride for 15 -30 minutes, save the data before turning off the bike and connect the Power Vision to your PC to download the data and based on the preset parameters that you have for the PC software it writes a new MAP

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its my understanding they all have the auto tune. It is available in the PC Software. Go to the Fuel Moto site and read about self tune basic using the stock sensors http://www.fuelmotousa.com/PVlogtuner.htm. Basicly you attach the Power Vision and turn on data collection and then ride for 15 -30 minutes, save the data before turning off the bike and connect the Power Vision to your PC to download the data and based on the preset parameters that you have for the PC software it writes a new MAP
Auto tuning with the stock O2 sensors and no AT-100 auto tune module, allows you to auto tune a limited range. With wide band O2 sensors, and an auto tune module, you can tune a far broader range of RPM, and AFR than a stock equipped bike.

Jeff

1 - 5 of 5 Posts