Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone give me some pointers on setup, wiring, and anything else. I also don't know where to put front sensor to position 1 or 2.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I just installed Jackpot stainless 2/1/2 headers and Auto Tune Pro today, along with a Fuel Moto air cleaner/intake.

According to the directions, the front O2 sensor cable goes to position one.

I ran the cable for the Auto Tune itself alongside the cable for the Power Vision, in the wiring trough on the backbone of the frame.

I ran the cable for the front O2 sensor up the left hand down tube (next to the front stabilizer mount), and then into the trough. From there it was run into the fuse panel area behind the left side cover.

The rear O2 sensor was run up through an access hole in the frame just above the spark plug wires, and then snaked into the area behind the left side cover.

I velcroed the Auto Tune "box" to my alarm. Between the alarm, the Auto Tune, and the Custom Dynamics controller, plus all of the cables for the Power Vision stuff, it's getting REALLY crowded in there.

Anyway, hope this helps.

·
Registered
180 Posts
All I know at the moment is that I installed the ATPro properly (it works). I haven't had a chance to ride it yet, and won't until tomorrow's 45 mile ride to work.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Got a chance to ride tonight. Did a quick 30 miles or so. The good: with the new header, intake, and canned map, this bike has impressed me yet again. Feels like there's a ton of torque, and getting up to 100 MPH was fairly effortless compared to before the newest upgrades.

The bad: the rear WB O2 sensor isn't reading, so I couldn't try the Auto Tune Pro. I don't know if it's the wiring or the O2 sensor itself. I guess I'll swap front to rear and rear to front tomorrow after work and see what happens.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
That really sucks about the o2 sensor. Is it easy to remove without taking the header out ? I put the sensors in the headpipe before installing them, I figured it looked tight as it was getting the headpipe on. I also read in the online instructions that there's a testing of the sensors before finishing up the install ?

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
When installing the O2 sensor wires into the AT control box, you are actually piercing a thin plastic sheath that helps with moisture control. You need to make sure you have completely pierced it to have a GOOD connection. Double check wires are in correct location.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Easyryder, it looks like they'll be easy to remove with a long extension and a crowfoot socket. I did the same thing: I installed the WB O2 sensors before I installed header because it looked like it would be pretty tight.

Motocom, I plan to recheck the wires on the box before I remove the O2 sensors, but I did for sure pierce the plastic and checked the connection with a gentle tug after I tightened down the screw.

I'm hoping that it's just one of the wires, but if not, I'm hoping that I can get another sensor locally. If I can't, then I guess I'll be on the phone with Fuel Moto and/or DynoJet tomorrow morning. Really looking forward to tuning this thing!!

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had a funny feeling that a crows foot would be the right way to remove without taking the header off. My leads that get pinched into he module have the tips soldered. That's the way they came. So I guess mine don't need piercing just touching.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Nope!! That's how mine came, too. The soldered end of each wire gets pushed through the sheathing material, and then they are secured by the little screws.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Mocotom called it!! White wire on the number 2 side. Shoved it back in, tightened the screw, and Lambda 2 is now functional. I'll start auto tuning in the morning. Stoked!!

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Atomic can you give me the basic on how to auto tune pro ? I wired everything up this evening and all I have to do is button everything up and find a location in the side panel to stick it in there. Now I got to the green screen ( don't exactly how I got there lmao) and I turned on the bike and saw that it said about warm up and then all these other letters and stuff coming up. All of it is foreign to me. So any help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
180 Posts
This will be way easier for both of us:

http://www.powercommander.com/downloads/Support-Released/Power Vision/Manuals/PVAutoTune.01.pdf

That's a link to the Power Commander site, which is where I found the manual for ATPro for Power Vision. Towards the end of the manual is a list of all the abbreviations that you'll see come up on the screen. Using this manual and that list is how I determined that my rear cylinder's O2 sensor wasn't reading.

Glad you got it hooked up, and from the sound of it, you got it hooked up right!! Awesome!!

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Easyryder01 did you put in a PIN to get to the green screen?

The way PV is set up now the Autotune mode, basic or pro, is determined by you when you enable AT, it prompts. IF you use a PIN it will go straight to the green screen and it sets up for Narrow band tuning by default from I've seen.

Otherwise they work the same (from a user perspective), AT enabled, select Pro AT, from AT screen select datalog and you'll get the green screen

·
EFI tuning and Exhaust Expert
815 Posts
Atomic can you give me the basic on how to auto tune pro ? I wired everything up this evening and all I have to do is button everything up and find a location in the side panel to stick it in there. Now I got to the green screen ( don't exactly how I got there lmao) and I turned on the bike and saw that it said about warm up and then all these other letters and stuff coming up. All of it is foreign to me. So any help would be much appreciated.
If you have AT enabled and are on the green auto-logger screen at initial startup it will display various text on the screen, this is related to warmup enrichement and other parameters that are configured in the setup screen such as minimum engine temp, min MAP, etc.. Once the bike is up to temp it will start populating corrections and filling the histogram with hits, they will turn color with more information. For best results we recommend 10 or more hits per cell, the more data the better. We generally recommend doing your tuning runs in 20 minute sessions of mixed riding, between each session Export Learned which creates a new map in the tune manager, then re-enable Auto Tune using this new map to work forward. We find in most cases three, 20 minute Auto Tune sessions will capture enough data to get most combinations well tuned. This depends on how close the map was initially as well as the overall tunability of the specific combination you are working with. Overly large baffles or exhaust designs that do not scavenge properly, cams without enough compression or with excessive overlap, or O2 sensors which are not properly located in the exhaust system are just a few scenarios that can/will cause major tuning issues. Essentially the tune itself cannot overcome any shortcomings of the sum of parts you are using. Hope this info helps...

·
EFI tuning and Exhaust Expert
815 Posts
Jamie, any chance there's a PIN which will allow logging both Narrow and Wide Band O2's parameters?
Do not need a PIN, you will just go to Datalog>Signals and choose Manual. This allows you to customize your channel list manually.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Do not need a PIN, you will just go to Datalog>Signals and choose Manual. This allows you to customize your channel list manually.

Thanks Jamie, I was hoping there was a pre-configured option. I would expect DynoJet uses a few different PINs in house, and may even provides them to Pro Tuning shops like yours.

·
Registered
60 Posts
PV Pro Info

Guys- here is the DJ PV site...
http://www.dynojet.com/PowerVision/Default.aspx

I'm certain you've been there to find answers to the questions you're asking.

Here's where to find the PV Pro info on the DJ site:
http://www.dynojet.com/PowerVision/powervision-software-firmware-downloads.aspx?ProdType=Power Vision

You want to download all 6 manuals to read before tuning.
It will just make your tuning experience much easier.

Also there is good info available on various forums that will prove very helpful until you get the 'hang' of effectively using your PV Pro tool.

I've used the PV Pro on three bikes, and I've found it very effective.
That said, an excellent dyno tuner can produce a better overall (performance, response, smooth running) than all the street tuning you can do.
However, a good PVPro tune will get you 90% +/- there if you are careful, diligent, patient, and meticulous in your efforts.

Best of luck. There's great satisfaction in doing your own tuning.

·
Registered
60 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts