Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered my PV from FuelMoto. They are loading a custom map for my set up: 2013 FLTRX, FullSac "C" X-pipe, FullSac "recored" slipons, SE Stage 1 AC. My question is after I install the PV and flash the ECM with the custom map should I ride with the FuelMoto map or should I ride it and run an autotune basic and then flash the autotune results? Looking forward to playing around with the PV, hoping for good results.

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
1,775 Posts
I flashed mine and then ran the autotune basic. It will take into account the local air and elevation. JMO. :D

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Try your map first if it runs as you like then save it and if you want to play around run AT basic on a copy.
The Dynojet has a lot of function to play with enjoy.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
I just got and installed the pv with the map Jaimie installed and bike runs great. I too wonder since I am not a tuner or have such a unique ear to the engine and throttle feel as to what could be better to modify the tune, for those that have done the AT did it get that much more noticeable than the map that was originally put on by fuelmoto ?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got my PV installed today and flashed the tune that Jamie included with it and I am very pleased with how it runs. I will run it this way for awhile and then start to play with some auto tunes and see how they perform. Really like the ability to swith between tunes.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Got my PV installed today and flashed the tune that Jamie included with it and I am very pleased with how it runs. I will run it this way for awhile and then start to play with some auto tunes and see how they perform. Really like the ability to swith between tunes.
the first thing i 'accomplished' after flashing the ECM was to set the idle to 900rpms which helps with the transmission bangin away going into 1st, at 1000rpms.. havent autotuned yet. coming off of my 96 DWG, the RGC is a rocket with just exhaust and AC mod.. ship, i was happy with 80 cubic inches..

·
Registered
135 Posts
Pv1

Just ordered my PV from FuelMoto. They are loading a custom map for my set up: 2013 FLTRX, FullSac "C" X-pipe, FullSac "recored" slipons, SE Stage 1 AC. My question is after I install the PV and flash the ECM with the custom map should I ride with the FuelMoto map or should I ride it and run an autotune basic and then flash the autotune results? Looking forward to playing around with the PV, hoping for good results.
Run FueMoto's flash until you feel comfortable with changing things. When jamie sends a map out it is about as good as it gets. The difference in elevation will not affect your tune. as you play with the unit and you see what it can do and build a comfort level then use AT basic to enhance cells per your riding style.

·
Registered
498 Posts
The map they loaded on mine. After about three weeks, I did a 40 minute auto tune run that included everything from 35 mph speed limits to a full 20 minute interstate run. I ran the auto tune on the map Fuelmoto preloaded. What a wake up on my bike. It is so much stronger and the low end torque is pretty amazing. The auto tune made a significant positive difference. I plan on doing a couple more with the weather cooling down just to fine tune the map.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts