Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what you guys who have been auto tuning are doing when presented with over 125 VE values. Do you scale, or do you cap?

I have been choosing Cap because I find it easier to do a compare before and after Autotuning. I figure if I'm consistent it doesn't matter. But it does mean that adaptive function in the ECM will always have larger AFF values to apply. I read somewhere that AFF has a limit of about +/- 10 units so could potentially hit that ceiling I suppose.

Is it possible to alter an existing map in WinPV, change the engine size, then apply that change to the existing VE tables? This would allow comparison between the changed VE tables in an Autotuned map.

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
2,338 Posts
Been doing CAP. I try not to over think it.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I wish I didn't over think stuff... but it's how I'm wired and I like understanding and learning stuff. Kinda Type A as if that's not obvious... lol

That said, I Cap as I mentioned earlier. But I've been working off a base map that was for a totally different cam combo. It's nice to see the changes and I've put quite a few tuning miles in up to this point. I've done several runs where I was Scaling the values, which I've since abandoned and started over with the Cap strategy. I believe Jamie suggests Cap vs Scale.

Right now my rear VE table has a lot of cells that are above 120 of which about half are capped at 127.5. Seems like this can't be ideal.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
If your engine mods are spot on with the base map loaded, you will probably never need to scale the auto tune map. However if you have some considerable differences to your installed map, you will need to scale the map to continue to adjust in the cells that have hit their max. After you scale the map you can go back to capping the tune until at such time you again hit 127.5 in numerous cells. Jamie and I had a discussion on this subject last week.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for that input mocotom. It makes sense and I've been considering it, but have been trying to get a little run time on a tuned map... :) I keep futzing with it.

That said, my engine mods are probably only same for a couple components. Jamie sent a Woods 777 cam map presumably for a 2-1-2 head pipe and slip ons. I'm running the Andrews 57h, which frankly I think is closer to a 555.

I could start a dozen Power Vision question threads at the moment...

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does anyone know how to scale values in WinPV, say for example when you change the displacement value? Was hoping there's a way to dynamically, or automatically apply a change.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts