Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought the mount and visor from Fuelmoto to mount my Powervision to the handlebars. Works pretty good...pics below

·
Registered
958 Posts
Looks good.....

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Just keep it out of the rain . They can stand a little wet but they will not stand up to it long. Ask me how I know.
Looks good I mount mine right in the center.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Looks good. You'll like having the PV mounted when you ride. I mainly use mine to monitor engine temp, as I also have Ward's cooling fans.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I mounted mine with Velcro.

·
Registered
586 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mine is just ran under the edge of the tank by the fuel line. I can pull my cable off quick and easy. You can't see it though.

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
How did you guys run your cables?
High recommend pulling the tank and running the cable through the cable tray on top of the frame backbone. Running under the tank can cause issues caused by electrical interference from the ignition system. It may not do it today, but as the heat slowly degrades the insulation on the cable(a problem all in itself) you will eventually see problems.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
High recommend pulling the tank and running the cable through the cable tray on top of the frame backbone. Running under the tank can cause issues caused by electrical interference from the ignition system. It may not do it today, but as the heat slowly degrades the insulation on the cable(a problem all in itself) you will eventually see problems.
I have had a few issues with mine and that could be the problem. I need to run it the right way. Thanks for the advice...:D

·
Registered
101 Posts
I ran my cable this way also. Very easy to do and everything works just fine.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I mounted mine with the iron aces mount. Still tough to see in the day time. I also ran my cables under the tank. I put the auto tuner in the space by the battery where the ABS would go, (I don't have ABS).

Attachments

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I mounted mine with the iron aces mount. Still tough to see in the day time. I also ran my cables under the tank. I put the auto tuner in the space by the battery where the ABS would go, (I don't have ABS).
Don't know how you have your gauges set up, but I have better visibility in the sun if I set them to the night time screen (black background with white numbers). Not a total fix but it helped me.

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Under tank I was able to carefully fish it through without remove tank
remover front and rear bolts propped it up a bit

·
Registered
74 Posts
Thx moco, I'll try it

1 - 20 of 29 Posts