Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Life Member
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2nd Sony marine stereo bites the dust.....this one is only 4 months old and it got wet thursday while parked at work, now if you hit the rite bump the cd will play but no volume or any other features will work...I have tried leaving it out in the sun the last couple of days hoping it would dry the thing out but no such luck...I think I am going to find a factory H/K to go back in and leave it alone..
Any body got one for sale....

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
I think I'm using a curse word here (especially to a moderator), but I've seem to remember seeing one or more H/K headunits for sale recently on the HDForums :eek: website. They are in the touring parts classified sub-section.

·
Registered
425 Posts
That does really stink. No tunes, thats one reason why we ride Baggers. Hope you have good luck and find one at a great price...

·
Registered
1,521 Posts

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Check with Iron Cross Audio. They might have a deal. And thanks for posting. I was considering looking for a marine radio for an over-the-top audio upgrade I was planning for Hester after the Alaskapade. I guess I'll keep the HK, have the LED backlighting changed out to match my gauges, and put my money into amps and speakers.

·
Super Moderator
4,274 Posts
2nd Sony marine stereo bites the dust.....this one is only 4 months old and it got wet thursday while parked at work, now if you hit the rite bump the cd will play but no volume or any other features will work...I have tried leaving it out in the sun the last couple of days hoping it would dry the thing out but no such luck...I think I am going to find a factory H/K to go back in and leave it alone..

Is it under warranty??

·
Registered
784 Posts
I have an aftermarket Kenwood in mine and haven't had any problems with it. I was caught in the rain yesterday but I placed the splash cover over the radio. You can get one thru Biketronics for 20 bucks.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
I've got my stock (2009) HK I'll sell ya. If it will work in your bike. I'm not 100% sure it will tho.

Did you have a splash cover on when your Sony was parked at work?
Or did the unit get wet, some other way, like leaking around the seams where the Fairing comes together?

Let me know if your interested in the HK.

·
Life Member
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Went by a local audio shop this morning to see if they could check out the problem I am having...Nice folks had a unit like mine on display and he swapped the face plat out and it worked like new...Of couse he could not sell me just the face plate and I did not buy my unt from him so he could not do anything to help with warrenty because Sony requires the recipt so they can contact the rep for that dealer....Well not wanting to go out of town this week with no tunes I bought a $99.00 sony unit from him and dang if it does not sound better than the hy dollar unit I had...The only difference is no MP3 and the disc goes in without fliping the face down...I do not onw an Ipod or Mp3 anyway...
Splash cover is in bag with my first aid kit now....

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just got my 4rth CDX-M60UI back a short time ago from Sony but had already purchased a used HK for my 02 FLTRI. Selling the brand new in the box radio and Biketronics equipment on eBay along with the stock radio that came with the bike. Like you, I never had a problem with the regular Sony radio I used while the marine version was being replaced 2 of the 3 times but it didn't have the power I was looking for. I'm adding the J&M 7.25 speaker setup this weekend but I'm already happy with the HK just way it is.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts