Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at purchasing a pair of Wiley sunglasses. They offer a partial polarization (PPZ) lens that is exclusive to HD.

According to the Wiley website the PPZ lens has 14% light transmission and 70% polarization. They state, "this innovative lens provides the glare-cutting advantages of Wiley X polarization while maintaining the distortion-free vision daytime riders need. These breakthrough PPZ lenses provide crystal clear viewing of digital gauges, which often have their own UV coating. This same technology provides riders with a high-definition view of the riding surface at all angles — even when looking through a bike’s windscreen."

The PPZ lens runs about $60 more than their standard 100% polarized lens. Has anyone tried the PPZ and is it worth the extra money?

·
Registered
884 Posts
I am ordering the PPZ next month to use with my Skark Evoline helmet because Full Plolarized gets distorted looking through the faceshield. I will put up a stink if it doesn't work because it states that they are clear with all faceshields.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
I had a pair of Wiley's before but IMHO nothing compares to the glass lens Costas that I wear now. Polarized and very scratch resistant against road debris that hits them. Going on season 3 with them and still look like new.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I just got a pair od Wiley AirRages.. Got em polarized, with bifocals.. $334.. a little high, but I had my regular Eye DR. do everything to make sure they were right..

·
Registered
380 Posts
Just my 2cents, if you have a clear windshield, and it is tall, Polarized lenses create rainbows when you are looking through the windshield. (kind of hard to see the road) If you have a short windshield, -No problem.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the feedback everyone. I picked a pair of HD/Wiley Tank sunglasses for my fat head last weekend. I went with the PPZ lens and they are very clear, almost like having high def on your sunglasses.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Where can I find these PPZ glasses at?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's an exclusive to the Wiley HD branded sun glasses. The non HD Wiley brands only come with 100% polarization. Check out Amazon (search HD PPZ sunglasses) or go to your local HD dealer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just received the HD Jumbo PPZ's. Got them on Amazon for $129. They definitely protect your eyes from all that Road King chrome when the sun gets up. Have not fully tested the other claims yet. Oh yea, the jumbo's lens is 20% bigger than my ole Wiley Twisted pair plus they have the climate control insert to keep the pollen, ragweed, and dust out. Getting used to them now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts