Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched the forums and couldn't find anything. I was riding last night and my fuel light came on, and the gauge showed a little less then half a tank. When i looked in the tank there was about half a tank. Does the fuel light siignal some other problem?? I didn't put more fuel in it, but i will do that later today . Thanks for any and all help !!

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
trust the mileage, dont trust the gauge.

I look at the miles to empty when getting really low on gas, but I have ran about 20 miles after my miles to empty read LOW.
Your best bet is to know your best and worst gas mileage per tank, and when you start getting close to that number, its time to think about getting gas.
The gauge and the low fuel light are not accurate.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks DED HD !!! I just wanted to make sure an early fuel light wasn't a pre cursor to a future problem.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I did a 2" tank lift and my fuel light comes on now with 2 gallons of fuel left and the gauge shows empty. I typically go another 60 miles and find fuel.

As DED HD states trust mileage.

·
Registered
7,215 Posts
Most definitely agree with the check your mileage statements. These gauges are not that accurate. Mine will come on for awhile but when I park it and come back out to leave it's off for several miles and I know the gas fairy didn't pay me a visit

·
Registered
6,572 Posts
Your fuel light is coming on a bit early! The fuel light should come on when you have around a gallon of fuel left in the tank.

·
Registered
147 Posts
What he said ! LOL

trust the mileage, dont trust the gauge.

I look at the miles to empty when getting really low on gas, but I have ran about 20 miles after my miles to empty read LOW.
Your best bet is to know your best and worst gas mileage per tank, and when you start getting close to that number, its time to think about getting gas.
The gauge and the low fuel light are not accurate.
3 thumbs up!:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts