Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
41 - 60 of 75 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,692 Posts
Bike looks great! Can you share any details on the 107 build? It's one of my planned mods and right now I'm looking at the FuelMoto 107 EZ kit.
Mine was a local built by a local shop. S&S 551 cams, pulled great but ran out of steam @ 4K. If I were doing it again I would pick a cam that hangs around longer.

Trust Fuel moto, they do all the legwork for you.

·
Shark of the Month October 13
11,319 Posts
My 2012 Big Bird, shamestakenly took at an early age. Damn the old colors sure popped compared to the newer ones View attachment 443634 View attachment 443636
View attachment 443635
If I remember correctly, they called that "Chrome Yellow" didn't they? I think yellow is a lot like brown on bikes. For every bike painted a shade that knocks your eyes out (like this one) there are 10 others that just don't cut it. I've always thought that 2012 was a highwater mark for HD's paint stylists - Big Blue Pearl, Chrome Yellow, 'Skunk' CVO, and the 2 tone blue CVO.

·
Registered
2021 Road Glide Special in Snake Venom 🐍
438 Posts
I gotta say I’m always impressed looking at the older bike factory colors and schemes. There was unfortunately a period starting 10 years ago they just sucked. Last 2 years they’re finally coming around again

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
If I remember correctly, they called that "Chrome Yellow" didn't they? I think yellow is a lot like brown on bikes. For every bike painted a shade that knocks your eyes out (like this one) there are 10 others that just don't cut it. I've always thought that 2012 was a highwater mark for HD's paint stylists - Big Blue Pearl, Chrome Yellow, 'Skunk' CVO, and the 2 tone blue CVO.
You are correct

Reactions: madmat

·
Shark of the Month October 13
11,319 Posts
I gotta say I’m always impressed looking at the older bike factory colors and schemes. There was unfortunately a period starting 10 years ago they just sucked. Last 2 years they’re finally coming around again
Not to mention that any CVOs with a paint scheme similar to what used to be standard on CVOs (since 2009) , now cost $3-4k extra in addition to what a basic CVO costs. Shifting further and further towards becoming the boutique sales model that Zeitz desires.

·
Premium Member
2010 FLTRX, 96 No Mo, Plain Jane
1,179 Posts
Well I am a sucker for flat black, I like how the red accents the bike very nice, I did the same just in different places,
Yeah about that pic of Rushmore, I rode the short yellow bus...... I looked at that picture five or six times at most of the time when I was coming back to check on the thread I would see that picture, and think to myself why in the hell would he put a picture of a mountain and not his bike just doesn't make a damn lick of sense.then Mike made a comment about you being a smartass. Finally the light went off in my head. Hahaha Mount Rushmore.......
I'm headed to the corner now.....I know I know face the walll......

·
Premium Member
2010 FLTRX, 96 No Mo, Plain Jane
1,179 Posts
View attachment 444022
Considered trading my 2012 on the way to Canada.
View attachment 444023
A few pre Rushmores at a Cali M&G
Not everybody can were pink😁........and we all understand.......that gas has gotten ridiculously high.... especially in California.....( thank our president for that) you know your gas mileage would really improve, but your top in would really suffer🤣.....
OK ok put the gun away.....I was just kiddin.......😮😮

41 - 60 of 75 Posts