Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Here is my 09. Lots of stuff

Black Enforcer front Wheel with Arlen Ness scalloped rotors
Street Glide rear wheel powder coated black
Wild One 10" bars
Corbin Solo Tour seat
Progressive Suspension
Black painted inner fairing with Orange Flake
Klock Werks dash
Fuel Moto 2-1-2 jackpot head pipe
S&S MK 45 mufflers
S&S easy start cams (124" going back in soon)
Lots of Black powder coat and other stuff I probably forgot

View attachment 443559
Hey buddy I have a 06 with a 110ci built engine,contemplating a s&s 124 ? What’s your input ? Thanks

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
Hey buddy I have a 06 with a 110ci built engine,contemplating a s&s 124 ? What’s your input ? Thanks
My 124 was built by Drago's Bike Works, so it is slightly different than the S&S version. The only real difference is it was built with a HD 120" bottom case. The advantage to that was there was no need to drill for external oil lines like you have to with the S&S engines. It is otherwise all the same S&S parts they use in their high compression version with the 640 cams.

My motor currently has about 10K miles on it. It starting burning oil and blowing it out of the intake after about 2K miles. It used oil from the start, which from what I have read is not uncommon on bigger higher compression motors, but it progressively got worse. I was at a point where it was doing it's own oil change on long trips. I started getting leaks where the lower rocker boxes meet the heads also, which I think was a product of the heat and the paper S&S gaskets. I was preparing for another trip and decided to pull the motor and put a stock one back in before I left. I did do a leak down test before removing and it was right about the 9 to 10 psi loss. I am going to see if the crankcase breather assembly I have since added will make a difference when I put it back in.

Whether it works or not I intend to either sell it or swap it to a Dyna as just a local bar hopper type ride. At least with it in the bike someone interested can hear how well it runs. It was marketed as a "Touring Motor" but I was not happy with it as such. The power and torque are great, but with that you sacrifice other comforts. Mainly the heat that comes off that motor. If you never stop moving the heats not bad, but if you get caught in traffic you'll be roasting your balls and your legs. I had a Ultracool reefer oil cooler & a Jason's Parts Werks fan and it was still bad. The other is the noise. I like a bike with a good exhaust note, but that thing is just obnoxious especially on a touring bike and you hearing it for hundreds of miles everyday on a trip. The 2-1 Dragula exhaust didn't help in this department but even with my current 2-1-2 setup it would be louder than what I like on a touring machine.

My experience I'm sure is different than many others. If I could go back in time I would have probably gone with the low compression motor. I have not read any bad reviews on it. The added power and torque is great and I have missed it, but I don't miss roasting my chestnuts on a hot summer day.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Jack, a buddy of mine said he thought the Madstad shield look "queer". I reprimanded him and said that in today's politically correct environment, that I thought the correct term should be "bi-visual".
Hey Unc, tell your "buddy" that for me it ain't about looks it's all about functionality. I do think your response is hilarious though.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Here she is after work today.............
Fuel tank Tire Plant Wheel Vehicle

14" Windvest
LED headlights
Chrome lowers
Heavy Breather
Supertrapp header
Power Commander V (dyno tuned locally)
Aquatic head unit
J&M Rokkers
Rockford Fosgate amp
Avon Tyres (anybody know where I can get 'em right now?)

61 - 75 of 75 Posts