Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone running Precision Billet floorboards? Not exactly inexpensive! Was wondering how much vibration might come through the board to your feet. They look like a beautiful product but it would be an expensive mistake if they are not comfortable.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I thought the same thing about vibration. I ended up going with Arlen Ness floorboards...

·
Super Moderator
5,885 Posts
I cant speak from experience on their boards but I can tell you I have a newly installed set of boards from Roaring Toyz which are of similar style and I had no issues with any vibrations. We installed them right before SWIV and the trip was 3100 miles.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
I can't speak specifically about their boards, but i vouch for the quality of their products and Andrew's customer service. Both are top notch.

I'm currently running one of their billet air cleaners, (the 'Toxic'). It's a beautiful piece and very well made.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all, I appreciate your thoughts and comments.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I've been wondering the same thing man. I am thinking about getting those Defender floorboards because they look really sick but I'm not sure if they would be a great ride and only for show.

·
Site Sponsor
154 Posts
Hey this is Andrew from the shop. First of all thanks for the kind words. Also i personally run the defender floorboards. After you get used to the hole in the center they are great boards. I enjoy the look and feel of them. If anyone is near arizona and ever wants to try one of our products let us know and we can get you setup with a demo set.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I forgot about this thread so it's about time I updated it with my personal thoughts. I've gone full tilt into PB with their Darkside edition and loving it. Got the floorboards (they are a work of art) and they ride fine - no noticeable or unpleasant vibration. Followed that by ordering floorboards for the passenger. Having some mod work done to the HD floorboard support so I can retain the separate passenger adjustable peg. Upped the ante by getting the foot brake, shifter and air cleaner as well as the mirrors. I'm nearly fully darksided! I am waiting on the shift linkage to arrive and I think Mrs is getting me a few more odds and sods as well to put under the tree. I'll post pics as soon as I have everything installed. All parts are quality, fit and finish is superb. Finally, dropped my 11" Madstad off with an engraver to have "Darkside" engraved on the lower portion of the screen - in Gothic script. If it looks good, I'll have my 13" done as well. Very tempted to have the jacket design from Pink Floyd's Dark side of the Moon album added as well. If you have considered PB's product but have concerns, feel free to PM me. Not affiliated, yada, yada, yada, just a happy customer.

·
Super Moderator
1,817 Posts
I also have some Precision Billet pieces.

I asked for and they shipped me blank Ignition, front brake reservoir and saddlebag latches. Workmanship on the pieces was excellent.

Here they are with the wood inlay.

Hers is how they look on the bike!

Calgarglide

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Very nice! You must be a master carpenter or cabinet maker?

·
Super Moderator
1,817 Posts
Basic woodworking skills, my neighbor is a cabinet maker, he has the skills, he did most of the work and let me help by getting him beer when he needed it.

Calgaryglide

1 - 13 of 13 Posts