Road Glide banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
My helmet is old and I just sit it on the seat. If anybody wants it they can have it!!

I had an old guy one time stop while I was walking into a store. Says, "You forgot your helmet!!" I said, "Thank but its old and dont care of it gets stolen!!" He just laughed...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thank for the comments. I ended up with one of these.

Amazon.com : Kryptonite 998600 Black 2.6mm R4 Retractor Combination Lock Cable with LED light : Cable Bike Locks : Sports & Outdoors

Waiting on it to arrive. Its about 5 bucks more than a gun luck but I like that it was smaller, self contained and a combination (no key for me to lose).

I'll post how it does when it arrives.
[/QUOTE]
I use that same one. When I wear a jacket I put it on the passenger seat and run the cable through the arm and the helmet and attach to the TP mount or the crash bar. Works great for me and as you know takes very little room when you store it.

·
Registered
242 Posts
When I don't use the tour pack I have helmet lock wires. They have 2 balls on each end of a cable. One side has a quick release, u slide the ball off, put it through the strap ring, and put the ball back on. Then you hang the ball in the lid and close it. lock the lid and rest the helmet ontop of the bag or let or hang. They are about a foot long each.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
When I don't use the tour pack I have helmet lock wires. They have 2 balls on each end of a cable. One side has a quick release, u slide the ball off, put it through the strap ring, and put the ball back on. Then you hang the ball in the lid and close it. lock the lid and rest the helmet ontop of the bag or let or hang. They are about a foot long each.
That's not a bad idea at all to put a helmet on the back seat between backrest and tourpak and also have this ball and cable securing it. Seems pretty comfortable and your helmet won't get banged up either. I like it. How much was that thing ? I wonder how I would use it on the special

·
Registered
242 Posts
I can't remember where I got them from. I did a Google search, couldn't find it. Was like 18.00 I think. The cables aren't that long, so pretty much then can sit on the bag or hang from it. The quick release side of the ball has to be locked in the bag. But most people probably don't know it comes off at quick glance anyways. N

·
Registered
313 Posts
I can't remember where I got them from. I did a Google search, couldn't find it. Was like 18.00 I think. The cables aren't that long, so pretty much then can sit on the bag or hang from it. The quick release side of the ball has to be locked in the bag. But most people probably don't know it comes off at quick glance anyways. N
I just bought one of those. Its a Reda helmet lock. $20. I've got the quick release on the helmet, not a D ring, so I also bought their T-bar that's designed to work with it.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts