Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I'm gathering all the necessary fluids and parts to do my 1K service on my 2017 RGS. Redline makes a kit that comes with the necessary fluids such as 20W-50 oil, primary fluid, and transmission fluid. I found replacment gaskets for the drain plugs but I cant seem to find the gaskets for the derby cover for the 17' to replace it when I do the service. I would really like to avoid going to the stealer due to the high price they charge for the service plus labor. Anyone know where I can get the gaskets from? Are they the same as the 16' model? I know its a different motor but did they atleast keep the gaskets the same? Any and all help is appreciated. Also any advice on things to check other than what the manual says!

Cbordies

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The derby cover has a thick orange rubber gasket that is reusable. If you changed the derby cover then you will have to have a different gasket.
Pretty much everything on the bike is stock like it came from the factory. Just want to make sure I do it right. I'm not one to cut corners on my bikes. Thank you for the heads up on the gasket though, I really appreciate it!

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
Make sure you get a copy of the check list. There is more to it than just the oils. Critical fasteners and a few other things get looked at. And re-torqued.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Make sure you get a copy of the check list. There is more to it than just the oils. Critical fasteners and a few other things get looked at. And re-torqued.
Will do! The dealer can furnish that can't they? I know there is a list in the owner's manual of what needs to be done at the 1k but I would expect theirs to go into a bit more detail?

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
Will do! The dealer can furnish that can't they? I know there is a list in the owner's manual of what needs to be done at the 1k but I would expect theirs to go into a bit more detail?
I doubt they will. There's one here I think. If not I am pretty sure HDForums has it. There's a thread there with all the service intervals and what is done.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts