Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOLD Premier Series Super Shox

Selling a set of 13" Premier Series part # SR1-3130-30-12-3. This set is good for a rider in the 200-275 lb range and good for a maximum weight of 500 lbs when rider is combined with a passenger and gear. Shocks were just gone through by Super Shox themselves and will include a warranty registration card. $450.00 shipped conus

Attachments

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am looking at the 14" super shox with ext mount for more travel-why are you selling?
I chose to give Ohlins a try on the new bike. I want to experiment with a different shock to see if I'm leaving anything on the table.

·
Registered
6,772 Posts
I chose to give Ohlins a try on the new bike. I want to experiment with a different shock to see if I'm leaving anything on the table.
BH, how do you like the Ohlins compared to the Super Shox?
Which model Ohlins did You go with?
I'm running Ohlins #6 (357HD), from Howard of Motorcycle Metal and love them.
Mike U.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm new to Ohlins lingo, but I believe they are the 772 Blacklines. I can't say I'm sold on them just yet. For starters I only have a few hundred miles on them with most of them being 2up. I need to find a setting that does the trick between 2up and solo. To answer the question completely, so far I find they are no worse than the SS and definitely quite a bit better than the stock adjustables. I feel like there should be more performance in these I just have to figure out how to get the performance out.

·
Registered
6,772 Posts
I'm new to Ohlins lingo, but I believe they are the 772 Blacklines. I can't say I'm sold on them just yet. For starters I only have a few hundred miles on them with most of them being 2up. I need to find a setting that does the trick between 2up and solo. To answer the question completely, so far I find they are no worse than the SS and definitely quite a bit better than the stock adjustables. I feel like there should be more performance in these I just have to figure out how to get the performance out.
BH, there's some real good videos on The You Tube on setting up Ohlins.
They say that for every extra twentyfive pounds of weight you add one turn of preload.
Everything I've read about the Super Shox has been great.
Best of Luck with the sale.
Whoever buys them I'm sure will be very happy.
Mike U.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Did a Solo Shot up to Ukes, K Ave, 50, Powers Lake, Twin Lakes, etc etc today.......not the same without ya Pal

Oh Yeah, curious to hear on the Os as they dial in as well
Powers Lake, Twin Lakes, that’s my old stomping grounds, hope you enjoyed your ride.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
PM replied
Did a Solo Shot up to Ukes, K Ave, 50, Powers Lake, Twin Lakes, etc etc today.......not the same without ya Pal

Oh Yeah, curious to hear on the Os as they dial in as well
Back in the saddle by next weekend I'm hoping. Never finished playing with the O's so dialed in they are not.

·
Registered
4,977 Posts
BH, there's some real good videos on The You Tube on setting up Ohlins.

They say that for every extra five pounds of weight you add one turn of preload.

Everything I've read about the Super Shox has been great.

Best of Luck with the sale.

Whoever buys them I'm sure will be very happy.

Mike U.
That's a typo Mike. You'd run out of spring if you went one turn for every 5# of added weight. You won't get 20 turns out of those springs to add a 100# passenger.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,977 Posts
Back in the saddle by next weekend I'm hoping. Never finished playing with the O's so dialed in they are not.
I've never found a clear answer on how much to adjust the sag/preload when adding a passenger. Even when I had mine rebuilt this winter the guys that did them (one of the first dealers in Ohio when O came over seas) said it depends on the spring setup you have and how much weight you're adding.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 27 Posts