1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,860 Posts

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
what are premium latches?
They are the good latches that H-D wants to sell you for a hundred bucks after you buy a $25,000 motorcycle with crappy trunk latches. H-D's whole "put on crappy parts stock and make 'em upgrade" is a big slap in the face to us riders. It would be nice if an expensive bike came with decent shocks, decent front suspension, decent trunk hinges and latches, and all the other stuff H-D sells "premium" replacement parts for - but H-D makes a lot of money the way they do things. This is why I am happy to see Polaris start to be a real competitor to H-D, H-D needs a kick in the ass... :cool: (just my rant)

·
Registered
440 Posts
They are the good latches that H-D wants to sell you for a hundred bucks after you buy a $25,000 motorcycle with crappy trunk latches. H-D's whole "put on crappy parts stock and make 'em upgrade" is a big slap in the face to us riders. It would be nice if an expensive bike came with decent shocks, decent front suspension, decent trunk hinges and latches, and all the other stuff H-D sells "premium" replacement parts for - but H-D makes a lot of money the way they do things. This is why I am happy to see Polaris start to be a real competitor to H-D, H-D needs a kick in the ass... :cool: (just my rant)
I agree !
Can you imgaine what the new RGU will cost ( if ) they come out with one ?
I don't know anyone that doesn't drop thousands on upgrades.
I test drove a new Indian Chieftain. Not much on the styling, but the refinement, the motor, the electronics all trump HD right now.
Just my opinion.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts