Road Glide banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you installed the premium hinges and latches on a factory chopped tour pack and had issues with the latches? I trimmed the lock hole so the lock fits. The rear latch catches and locks but for some reason I can not get the front latch to catch and lock. Before I try to modify the front latch so that it will lock does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
734 Posts
The premium hinges will work no problem, the latches will not work on the chopped pack, due to the way the pack is molded at the latching points. In fact I'm sure HD says that they won't fit the chopped packs in their literature... U will definitely need to mod them (pack or latches) to make them fit...

·
Super Moderator
13,530 Posts
I have the premium latches on a king tour pack and had the same problem. I ended up filing down the catch inside the latch maybe 1/32", and now it catches.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have premium latches on my chopped tour pack. You will need to elongate the hole so the lock cylinder will line up with the the top latch. This won't be visible since it is hidden behind the latch and behind the place that goes inside the tour pack. Then you need to instal an o-ring around the lock cylinder between the top latch and the tour pack lid. If you don't do this the locking arm on the top latch won't catch inside the bottom latch. There will be a gap between the top patch and the tour pack lid due to the o-ring but it is not very noticeable.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
I had similar issues with both our razor packs too. I had to elongate the mounting holes on the latch side a bit to get things to line up correctly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.