Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The T-Shirt swap thread reminded me to post this.

Who is going to put their presentation up to vote for Shark Week V? Based on last year, I would guess Texas & Canada to be in the hunt

·
Shark of the Month October 13
7,931 Posts
I'm pretty sure that I heard that it might be in Dubai next year!

·
Administrator
12,457 Posts
If it's in the lower 48, I'll be there, for Canada it definitely matter what province it's in.

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Administrator
12,457 Posts
Like to see it more centrally located. Some of us can't get the time off to go to stuff on the extreme right.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
Hey.....some of us came to the left, it wouldn't hurt you to come to the right. Besides you're supposed to be heading to the East young man....... you may be enlightened. :) BTW, 200 days to SWIV

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Registered
837 Posts
@ Garvin You had better bring more than your A game for Nebraska. The
only thing that comes to mind in that state is corn:p

I too have been to Eureka Springs, AR would love to get back down that
way.

Black Hills would also be cool. It's the 75 anniversary for Sturgis so you would have to work around that. The week right after would be perfict that way
the people that wanted to hit the rally still could.

All 3 would be close enough that my 3 buddies who where to big of pussies to go to Maine could come with:rolleyes:.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
@ Garvin You had better bring more than your A game for Nebraska. The
only thing that comes to mind in that state is corn:p
CORN fed beef (tastes better than grazing cattle)
CORN Huskers (national powerhouse in college football)
CORN hole tournaments (look it up - stay away from the adult only sites)
CORN spirits (we sell them here)
CORN heads (think Green Bay Packer fan cheese head - we use corn)

I can see how the CORN thing is a logical leap, but there's plenty more...
plus we've got that good 'ol Midwest hospitality, friendly folk thing going on.

Remember, it's not necessarily "Location, Location, Location" for SWV...it's about giving the most people the best opportunity to get to Shark Week and with Omaha, Nebraska just about being smack dab in the middle it might just be about location! :)

Okay, that's enough for right now, I won't mention the abundance of long legged women in very short shorts until sometime later.

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
2,338 Posts
Black Hills would also be cool. It's the 75 anniversary for Sturgis so you would have to work around that. The week right after would be perfict that way
the people that wanted to hit the rally still could.

The week before the rally would be better....... the locals aren't nearly as pissed off ....yet :mad:...... and all the bars and vendors are open :D .........And they roll up the sidewalks the day after the rally.:eek:

Also, for those who want to see Sturgis for the first time, but are afraid of the crowds, the week before is like "Sturgis Light"

·
Super Moderator
1,801 Posts
Keep the suggestions rolling in but remember to vote you need to attend a Shark Week.

I like all the choices discussed so far for a SW-V. Already looking forward to that ride wherever it winds up. Sadly not going to make it to Maine (New Hampshire) in person this year to vote on it.

You may see my bald head on a screen making a pitch for Canuck land in 2016. I promise to be more prepared this time and not so off the cuff. My powerpoint presentation has already been started, it is a work in progress.

Good luck to those presenting for SW-V, I just hope there are at least 3 to choose from. No location should really go unopposed anymore. There are just too many good people on this forum and good places to meet and see.

Calgaryglide

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
Hey.....some of us came to the left, it wouldn't hurt you to come to the right. Besides you're supposed to be heading to the East young man....... you may be enlightened. :) BTW, 200 days to SWIV

Sent from my SPH-L710

Always the teacher DBell. Lol. For what it's worth I know it was a pain to come to UT. For me it will always be about the time off. Hard to come by when you are active duty. 4th quarters always suck for my wife too. Hopefully we get something more in the middle for SW V

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Keep the suggestions rolling in but remember to vote you need to attend a Shark Week.

I like all the choices discussed so far for a SW-V. Already looking forward to that ride wherever it winds up. Sadly not going to make it to Maine (New Hampshire) in person this year to vote on it.

You may see my bald head on a screen making a pitch for Canuck land in 2016. I promise to be more prepared this time and not so off the cuff. My powerpoint presentation has already been started, it is a work in progress.

Good luck to those presenting for SW-V, I just hope there are at least 3 to choose from. No location should really go unopposed anymore. There are just too many good people on this forum and good places to meet and see.

Calgaryglide
Wow, you could have just done the presentation with Canadian Beer Cans stuck on your head, nobody would have even seen the Powerpoint stuff! :D:D

1 - 20 of 123 Posts