Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if I can get a from $$ to $$$$$ on how much it costs to get one of our bikes painted. With inner fairing, speedo housing, nothing crazy just a combination of gloss/denim paint, with a small color scheme.

Wade

·
Registered
39 Posts
took mine apart to years ago and took it to local body shop and had them paint my inner fairing cost me $260.00. I didn't have them match the bike just a nice metallic black I like it a lot better
steelhead

·
Registered
498 Posts
I just did this in the spring. If you do the dis- and re-assembly yourself you'll save a bunch of money. It's not that hard. Besides the cost of special paint a decent body guy should be able to paint the whole thing for under $1500, assuming there isn't any real body work required. There's a whole bunch of colors in the PPG catalog that they can mix up for the same cost as black. I figured there was no point in spending a bunch of money to make it look like the MoCo did it, so I stayed away from factory colors. I went with Mercedes Benz palladium silver. I wanted an understated look that was different than anyone else's.

Of course you can go nutty with pearls and metallics, graphics, murals, pinstripes, etc. and pay accordingly. As with anything else, you get what you pay for and good work isn't cheap.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts