Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Even tho Harley is no longer road racing , I have forever loved it , fills the need for speed , add in drag racing and F1 auto racing and I'm good to go ..

Most have heard of the Isle of Man , they have been racing there since the beginning of the internal combustion engine ..

You watch the IoM bike races and they make the Daytona bike races , NASCAR and IoM with cars look like a bunch of sissies in comparison ..

The top racers in MotoGP are lucky to finish in the Top 10 ..

IIRC it is only six laps , but each lap is almost 38 miles , these are local roads , not a slick race track , no room for error ( 200 mph turns with virtually no guard rail between you and steep drops below ) and the pay isnt goodfor the winner , but the IoM on your resume is priceless

I have been once , evryone needs to go once

JtB

http://vimeo.com/53551115

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Ive seen similar videos of that and all i can say is f'n awesome. I get goosebumps everytime i watch those vids. Absolutely fantastic. Those riders have to be some of the best in the world. Nevermind winning, finishing the race is a great feat in itself

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
whew!!! friiggin awesome. ....butt pucker for sure!!

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
It amazes me every time I watch these. The amount of skill these racer's have and the little margins for error is stupefying! Each time the racer looses his line of site of the track for just a split second I hold my breath every time.:cool:

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Thanks for posting. Been Keeping up with this race for at least 35 years. It would be an incredible experience to see in person, at least looking at flashes of bikes going by. To bad we don't have anything like that in the US, It would be a lawyers field day.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Wow and double wow. Not on my best day.

·
Super Moderator
9,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
theres one I think in the second video that is awesome , shows the speedo and the bike pulls steady from 120 to 170 in only two seconds or so

most of the video in the second one is a 600 cc Honda of all things , 175-185 at 16000 onna frickin 600

awesome

JtB

1 - 20 of 36 Posts