Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello....just purchased new KST bars prewired from Hill Country Cycle. I am prepping for swapping switches off stock setup to wires they provide. Anyone use this approach? Does anyone know how to swap? Is it just a plug swap? Searched forum didnt find anything....TIA

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Hello....just purchased new KST bars prewired from Hill Country Cycle. I am prepping for swapping switches off stock setup to wires they provide. Anyone use this approach? Does anyone know how to swap? Is it just a plug swap? Searched forum didnt find anything....TIA
Got a picture of the setup?

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
I was asking for a picture thinking you would post one up of your set up and what you are trying to accomplish so I or someone else could steer you in the right direction. So if they supplied you with wiring then wouldn't you just unplug the old ones and plug in the new ones.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
I see the swap kits, but IMO those KST bars are simple to get your existing wires through..unlike factory 47 or other with "points". MUCH less expensive to just get the bars...good luck!! Oh and no need to remove your ignition switch..this will save you some stress and time..lol..

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
My .02 is removing the ignition switch is easier then dealing with the broken cover that so many people seem to end up with.
I question this as you see lots of posts from people that removed the ignition switch and have problems. I don't really know because I've never had mine out. I carefully (CAREFULLY) remove the horseshoe to pull the dash. I've had the dash off about ten times now. Have not broken mine yet. But I can see how it's easily done. I assume the same people that had issues with breaking the horseshoe would have ignition switch problems. OK, I'm ready for my beating now.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts