Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to install a new Baker Compensator. Which chain tensioner should I use?
Stock (HAVE)
Hayden (HAVE)
Baker armored Attitude adjuster(NEED TO BUY)

·
Registered
7,572 Posts
StGhost, I had the Hayden and it was very tight and cut grooves into the shoe.
I have since changed that out for The Baker Armored Tensioner and am very pleased with it. I like the fact that it is adjustable where the Hayden is not.
Hope this helps.
Best of Luck.
Mike U.

·
Registered
890 Posts
I also have the Baker Attitude tensioner and it does great so far. I've had mine on there for about a year and no problems yet.

·
Registered
6,627 Posts
There is nothing wrong with the stock tensioner. I have used the Hayden too and to me the chain seemed to be to tight so I put the stock tensioner back in. You really don't want to go with a manual adjuster because you need to remove the entire primary cover just to do a simple adjustment. I have over a 100,000 miles on my bike and most all the miles were with the stock tensioner and I haven't had any issues. I also run the Baker Compensator.

Reactions: RGKen

·
Registered
149 Posts
I'll repeat what ironmark said. There's nothing wrong with the stock tensioner. I just pulled my primary cover at 25,000 miles to check it and there was almost no wear.

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
I've also put over 100k forward miles on FLTRI with the same stock pri tensioner and runs fine. simple math will add 3,750 fugitive miles to your bike/yr ..... ex: add idle time of 15min/day for 5 days/week, 1.25 hr/wk x 50wks/yr = 62.5 hr/yr ~ so if you were going 60 mi/hr for 62.5 hrs you'd add 3,750 fugitive (non-forward) miles to your bike/yr not including burnouts

1 - 7 of 7 Posts