Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 13 RGU and just took it in today for the compensator clunk, dealer trying to push the baker chain adjuster, any input would be appreciated

·
Registered
7,238 Posts
Huh? The dealer is trying to sell you an aftermarket part? People here use it, I havent, I went with the Hayden automatic tensioner. I have no complaints with the Hayden

·
Registered
64 Posts
I had the Hayden installed, normal whine at first. 3000 miles later primary was howling so bad my good friend riding by me asked what was making all the racket. Pulled the primary cover off, found primary chain tight. Just a little over 1/4 inch play! Removed the Hayden and installed the stock tensioner. No more noise. Found the Hayden shoe pitted and it looked like it got hot.

If I had known of the issues with the Hayden I would not have installed it, chain was to tight!

·
Registered
6,082 Posts
I had a Hayden and switched to the Baker, and a few weeks ago switched back to a Hayden. The issues I had initially with the Hayden were I believe related to the compensator. The Baker is a nice piece, but found it a little noisy.

·
Registered
6,588 Posts
No complaints on the Hayden tensioner here. No extra noise either.
I believe the Baker needs to be adjusted manually which would require the complete removal of the primary cover.
The Hayden is automatic and requires no manual adjustment.

·
Registered
8,790 Posts
Hayden been on my bike for about 7 K and no problems. A little loud at first, but it got quiet after about 1k miles.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts