Road Glide banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to pull the trigger on some shocks guys. I need some advice. Pretty set on rear pro-actions, need help with the font choice? Any suggestions?

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
never heard of them. Got a link or details?
Did you stay with 12" or go to 13" for more travel?
I put Ohlins blackline 13" with preload and rebound adjustments.

·
Registered
903 Posts
They’re right in my back yard about a 15 minute ride. They’ve been around for quite a while in dirt bike circles...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Going to pull the trigger on some shocks guys. I need some advice. Pretty set on rear pro-actions, need help with the font choice? Any suggestions?
I would say Copperplate Gothic Bold...Calibri is just too boring...:grin:

Reactions: SteadyEddie

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I would say Copperplate Gothic Bold...Calibri is just too boring...:grin:
As a graphic designer, I cringed at this statement.

In regards to Pro Action shocks, I had never heard of them before this thread. Then I started researching and reading posts on other forums from riders who have them. They seem like a very nice product! I will probably be doing my rear suspension next year and the PA's are definitely in the running. Right now it is between them and the Supershox.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As a graphic designer, I cringed at this statement.

In regards to Pro Action shocks, I had never heard of them before this thread. Then I started researching and reading posts on other forums from riders who have them. They seem like a very nice product! I will probably be doing my rear suspension next year and the PA's are definitely in the running. Right now it is between them and the Supershox.
That's what I hear dude. Supposably really good shocks and decent price compared to other ones. I mean how would we know which ones are best anyways if you only buy one and stick with it. I doubt most people buy new shocks every year to try them out unless they somehow got them for free. Guys who ride supershox would not know how Ohlins feel unless they put a set on later or vice versa. Same with every their brand!

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
I mean how would we know which ones are best anyways if you only buy one and stick with it. I doubt most people buy new shocks every year to try them out unless they somehow got them for free. Guys who ride supershox would not know how Ohlins feel unless they put a set on later or vice versa. Same with every their brand!
Oh you don't know our boy @tj316........he has tested a LOT of brands and is an old Dirt Merchant too

Teej, chime in here you magnificent bastard

·
Registered
254 Posts
Same price as Ohlins. I would look at their customer support and warranty before deciding. If they are local to you that is a big plus for using them.
Customer support is outstanding and lifetime warranty. I’ve got a set of the 13’s on my 15RGS and couldn’t be happier. Give em a call and talk to the owner George or manager DJ. They will answer every single question you ask no games no gimmicks. There’s a lot of buzz lately with these shocks and for good reason!

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Like SE said I have owned Progressive, Ricor , JRi, Ohlins( 2 different models) and a few others. I have ridden bikes set up for me with Bitubo, Pro Action and a few others. Ohlins are the best hands down. Front suspension Ohlins wins there too. With all this said Progressive monotubes are a great bang for the buck,at $300 they are a huge improvement over stock. Any coil over shock will out perform most of the shit Harley puts on them. The key is getting one built for you and setting it up properly. In the Ohlins line the basic shock with preload adjustment only works best for most because it is simple to set up, as you move up the line and get into ones with rebound or compression and rebound adjustments you can get a better ride, but it requires more to get it dialed in. People who have high end shocks and complain about the ride do not have them adjusted properly. The thing to remember with better shocks is what they do best is keep your wheels planted on the road giving you excellent traction. This keeps you upright and alive. The smooth ride is a side benefit. There are several guys on the forum that can hook you up at a good price with Ohlins. I'd do it once and do it right.

Reactions: twowheeladdict

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Whats the price for 13-inch OHlins with the discounts on these forums? $500 for rears and $100 for fronts :)

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
Whats the price for 13-inch OHlins with the discounts on these forums? $500 for rears and $100 for fronts :)
You will never find discounted O prices advertised but know that they will be in the range of the one you mentioned in they thread with the other provider

Go with what YOU want amigo - All we can do is provide our opinions and give feedback - In the end, you are the one that matters - If Pro Action is the right fit, fuck yeah, buy and ride and be happy - If you want to try Os, there are (2) cats on here that I know of that sell them - I have dealt with only (1) of them and cannot speak for the other - PM me if you want more info and I'll help any way I can - TJ will too - He's a good cat that TJ

·
Registered
151 Posts
I agree with SE. I got my O's last spring/summer and glad I went with them. Give Howard a call at Motorcycle Metal, he knows his stuff... if anything at all he will give you a tonne of info so you can make the best choice for you. Good luck.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts