Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel stupid for having to ask this, but how do I get the new head unit to fit up to the radio cut out? The top of the inner fairing blocks me from dropping it in. Do I have to disconnect and move the radio support bracket that is attached to the frame? Hard to get at the main support bolts. Can't find any Videos on Youtube showing what to do...they are all batwings.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Does your new head unit have a detachable face? If so detach it and put the radio unit in from the back, sliding it up through the hole in the inner fairing until the mounting holes on the radio bracket match up with the mounts on the radio.
Hope this helps! :D

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does your new head unit have a detachable face? If so detach it and put the radio unit in from the back, sliding it up through the hole in the inner fairing until the mounting holes on the radio bracket match up with the mounts on the radio.
Hope this helps! :D
Hey there,

The issue is with the Biketronics kit the black plastic fill piece that is already mounted on the radio is too large to slide through the HD mounting bracket so the radio can not reach the cut out in the inner fairing.

·
Registered
692 Posts
I have a Sony media player radio from Biketronics. That black plastic bezel is snapped in to the radio with four mounting tabs. Two on top - two on bottom ( if we're talking about the same black plastic part)
Take it off then snap it back on when it's through.

Or, are we talking about the black plastic rectangular trim piece that's smooth on one side and textured on the other side ? If that's the case, you would still remove the black plastic bezel with the four tabs then slide off the trim piece.

Once the radio is through put the trim back on then snap the bezel back on the radio.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a Sony media player radio from Biketronics. That black plastic bezel is snapped in to the radio with four mounting tabs. Two on top - two on bottom ( if we're talking about the same black plastic part)
Take it off then snap it back on when it's through.

Or, are we talking about the black plastic rectangular trim piece that's smooth on one side and textured on the other side ? If that's the case, you would still remove the black plastic bezel with the four tabs then slide off the trim piece.

Once the radio is through put the trim back on then snap the bezel back on the radio.
It is the trim piece that is the issue...the directions have you mounting the trim piece to the radio, add the vinyl water protection sheet, then screw in mounts.. With the trim piece in place and secure there is no way to slide the unit in from the back since the trim piece is wider and the metal support bracket that the radio is supposed to fit in. I doubt I can mount the radio 1st and then add the trim piece through the front. I suspect I have to move the mounting plate somehow.

·
Registered
692 Posts
You actually can take off the trim, and insert the radio from the back. It'll slide completely through the hole in the fairing once the trim is off. So that will give you plenty of wiggle room to put the trim piece back on then align the holes of the mounting blocks on the radio with the holes in the radio bracket.
That's how I installed mine.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Ditto what he said, don't worry I was stumped too. They left that last piece off the instructions. U do that to make sure it's a nice tight fit to the front of the radio

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Ditto what he said, don't worry I was stumped too. They left that last piece off the instructions. U do that to make sure it's a nice tight fit to the front of the radio
Ok. I think I get it now. Slide it in without the trim piece...before it is mounted slide trim piece back on from the front through the hole and then mount it.

Update: Got it! Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had the same problem, the metal bracket pulls away from the inner fairing with two push in clips and the top nuts off with the lower ones loose hope that helps?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
I noticed that, but I wanted to avoid it at all costs...removing the trim piece and then reinstalling it from the front worked...took me several shots, but it worked . Thanks again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts